Esteemed Contributor

Re: HELP...by Keurig Platinum just died....

I just called them. They do not sell the Platinum anymore. They are just featuring the 2.0 versions. The K cups I buy on sale don't work with this new brewer. My email from Keurig offered me a sale if I buy four packs of K cups. Of course they raised the price so they could offer the sale. I guess they think customers are idiots.

The older version of brewers can be bought just about anywhere including Amazon which was previously stated.

There is a workaround if you have to buy the latest greatest Keurig brewer and want to still buy the more economical K cups on sale everywhere. It is suggested and shown how to paste the tops of the official K cups onto the not so certified brands. Or even more fun watch them paste the codes from the lids onto the brewer itself. Of course I am not officially suggesting this other than it can and will be done. The second workaround makes for a permanent fix.

Honored Contributor

I have a Keurig I have had for several years. I think it was called a 'Special Edition'. I got it a Bed, Bath and Beyond. It does not have all the bells and whistles of the new ones. Only choice is three sizes of coffee. Right know I have it full of vinegar to descale it. It sounds like it is going to take-off when it pulls the water in (I have not been reliable at this). When it finally bites the dust I am not going to purchase another Keurig. There seem to be so many problems with them now.

Esteemed Contributor

Scamper, call Keurig and see if they have a fix for that problem.

Which Platinum is it?

I got my K65 Platinum in September from Target.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor

I just checked....Target has one brewer that is NOT the new ones....its $109.99 free shipping...Amazon has several ones that are NOT the new ones...prices are pretty good...free shipping there, too....

Frequent Contributor

I want to personally thank ALL the people who replied to my problem.

I went shopping yesterday and hit about 4 stores....none of them had any model other than the 2.0 (various versions of this 2.0) I also saw a coffeemate. Went home empty handed and sat my butt down and watched the UTube videos suggested. WOW! Success!!! I am SO SO happy right now. I pulled the pin gasket and stuck the paperclip up the hole making sure I pushed all the way up (this seems to be important). I put vinegar in and brewed. At first it was very slow. I saw sediment/coffee grounds come out. Then, a full cup. I am now in the process of cleaning with the vinegar but my machine is pulling thru and brewing.

I am SO SO Happy right now and I want to just give you all hugs.

I think my downfall was Christmas. People were brewing hot chocolate, chai, etc., and I was not watching. Usually after each of these brews I brew water only to clean but I do believe this step was missed as the guests did not know to do this. My fault.

Anyway, my brewer is back.

Regular Contributor

Always look on Amazon first.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/11/2015 Scamper said:

I went shopping yesterday and hit about 4 stores....none of them had any model other than the 2.0 (various versions of this 2.0) I also saw a coffeemate. Went home empty handed and sat my butt down and watched the UTube videos suggested. WOW! Success!!! I am SO SO happy right now. I pulled the pin gasket and stuck the paperclip up the hole making sure I pushed all the way up (this seems to be important). I put vinegar in and brewed. At first it was very slow. I saw sediment/coffee grounds come out. Then, a full cup. I am now in the process of cleaning with the vinegar but my machine is pulling thru and brewing.

I think my downfall was Christmas. People were brewing hot chocolate, chai, etc., and I was not watching. Usually after each of these brews I brew water only to clean but I do believe this step was missed as the guests did not know to do this. My fault.

I did the same to mine and fixed it myself as you did. I did find the help directly from Keurig who walked me through it step by step. I love their customer service just not there new policy of keeping others out of the K cup business with their codes.

New Contributor

Just an FYI for everyone about a Keurig that stops working. IF you buy your coffee from Green Mountain(actually called Keurig coffee club now, I think), call them before you buy a new one. I called to cancel my membership because I was not planning on buying a new Keurig after mine stopped working, and they sent me a brand new machine. My machine was at least 5 years old, I admitted to them I didn't really know how old it was. They still sent me a brand new machine.

Super Contributor

Your machine is probably not dead. I have given mine a couple of hard smacks on the side and top to shake up the mineral deposits. You can also use a paperclip.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/11/2015 Scamper said:

((( Scamper ))) I'm so happy! You got your Keurig back!!!!!!

I know it's minor in the scheme of the world, but not having a reliable coffee maker can ruin your day. I know this first hand.

Over the summer, I bought a K75 Platinum from Costco, despite the bad reviews about the PRIME error. Sure enough, after a few months, I got the same error. Keurig gave me the fix, but it wasn't something I wanted to do on a regular basis.

I returned that Keurig to Costco for a cash refund, and went straight to Target to get the K65 Platinum.

I'm happy with that one, but the timer is conking out.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.