Contributor

HELP! My Lock and Lock is really LOCKED!!!!

Just opened my box of three bowls with the pumpkins on side (very cute!) but I can not get the lid off the large bowl to open them! Actually send a different lock and lock order back for same reason. I think the box got hot in shipping and there is a vacuum seal of sorts. I tried prying open with butter knife to break air seal but that didn't work so I just put the bowls in freezer to see if cooling them down would break the seal. I can get all the lock flaps up--just can't get lid to release from bowl. I bet someone out there has magic solution! Just tried my freezer solution---cold bowls still are locked!! Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Highlighted

Re: HELP! My Lock and Lock is really LOCKED!!!!

Hi Help! my lock and lock is really locked

did you ever figure out how to break the seal on your bowls? I put hot eggs in mine and snapped the lid on and 3 hours later went to warm the eggs up and the lid won't come off I have tried everything I think  

Honored Contributor

I don't know of any way to break the seal without permanent damage to the lid, but the seal will break as soon as you poke a hole in the plastic lid with a knife, or a nut pick.   

Respected Contributor

@saywhen

Maybe, just maybe, if you dunk and soak the container in cold or ice water, it will shrink the seal or the container  enough to let in some air and release the lock.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

This thread is almost six years old.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Not Cowgirls post.... I think she was looking for help, found the old post and piggy backed on it to ask for help...