Esteemed Contributor

I have two large packages of miniature marshmallows and they are all stuck together.  I literally cannot take one out at a time.  Can anyone suggest what, if anything, I can do to separate them or is it a lost cause?  TIA 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Re: HELP MARSHMALLOWS ARE STUCK

If you don’t need them to look pretty, you could just cut them apart with kitchen shears.

Respected Contributor

Place them in a zip close bag and freeze overnight.  They should break apart easily.

Another remedy also using zip close bag:  toss in some powdered sugar or cornstarch until coated.  They should separate easily.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

I just googled it and it says to put confectioners sugar into the bag, and shake shake shake until they separate, and if you have stubborn ones, you should be able to pry them apart.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Trusted Contributor

Add powdered sugar or cornstarch to the bag and start giving it a good shake.

Honored Contributor

are you sure they are not old and stale?

usually i find that that happens if they have been sitting for too long.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Did they melt together?  Then It's hard to see how shaking in a bag will cause them to separate.  I'd go the scissors route.

Honored Contributor

I don't like marshmallows, but others do, so I always have them around.  I hate when they stick together, especially in an unopened bag.

I store them in the fridge and they no longer stick.  When mine have stuck together in the past, I just threw them out...never even tried to unstick them.

There are Good suggestions here,

Honored Contributor

Throw them away and get some more. 

Regular Contributor

I’m pretty confused as to why it is absolutely necessary to separate them all.Smiley Frustrated