Honored Contributor

HELP! Lock N Lock lids😡😡😤😤😤 K48265

I love lock n locks BUT I just tried to use K48625.  This particular style has hinge locks I can get 3 sides to line up but the 4th side won't! Frustrating! 

C74CB707-3AAC-476F-A2EE-E2C501269D8C.jpeg

Once I took the lids off which I "pried off" & had my spouse do them because they wouldn't come unlatched I should have known gonna be a problem!

Just read the reviews & I see I'm not alone!

Any suggestions??? 

Honored Contributor

Re: HELP! Lock N Lock lids😡😡😤😤😤 K48265

I'm not a fan of Lock 'N Lock but have two small sets.  One has that hinge lock and one side of one container will not come unfastened.  I just unfasten the other 3 sides and lift the lid off.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I dislike lock n lock so much.  Never could get them to lock correctly, unlock correctly, and every time the lid broke I never got the replacements I requested thru the company. The last time I requested a new lid that I never received I got so disgusted that I threw them all out.

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 - The only "secret" to closing the hinged L&L is to place the lid firmly on top of the base before closing the latches. (You don't have to push hard or anything; just sit the lid on top and press it in place a bit.) If the lid doesn't sit flat/square to the base, at least one set of latches won't engage. I actually find that this style seals better than the standard L&L and use it for things like onions that have strong odors. Good luck!

Esteemed Contributor

I have several sets  & love them. I’ve also given them as gifts.Never had a problem with the lids.

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1   I have a ton of lock & lock and find if I put the lid on and attach the left and right OR the top and bottom sides first it is so much easier to lock the last two down.

Also, if you put items in hot and seal it completely by mistake, it makes it a little difficult to remove the lid once it cools.

The last tip I have is to NOT bend the tabs backwards.  I think it weakens the plastic and causes it to break off. 

By doing those items, I have good luck with Lock & Lock and am using it for both freezers, the refrigerator, and even more in the pantry.  Everything goes inside, including sugars, cereals, creamer, dog food, butter, nuts, cheese, etc..

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 

Thank you!  I just tried unsuccessfully ☹️

but I had put warm sauce in a lnl -- your right couldn't get lid off -- was like it was "vacuum sealed"!  Now, I let everything cool off before I put things in it.

Yes, love myLNL my first bad experience!

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1  I wonder if you were to seal it back down and submerge in cold water, or maybe warm water.  I haven't tried that, but would think that one of those choices would make it "expand" a little and allow you to open it up more easily.   ??

......You look like I need a drink.....
Contributor

i have this happen to me occasionally. One time, I had what I thought was the right lid...extremely similar, but was from a different set. But usually when the fourth tab doesn’t lock down,, I take the lid off, do a quarter turn and retry. This always works as long as I have the right lid LOL

Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 

and others 

Success!!!!! Thank you everyone!

had to place on flat surface& lock down opposite sides first!