Trusted Contributor

I recently received the 13 cup KA food processor that was the week-end special on March 4& 5.  I washed it up and wanted to process bread crumbs.  The buttons on this machine are so hard to push I had to use two fingers to get the buttons to light up and the unit to work.  I called KA and the rep said although the buttons are a little stiff at first they would loosen up with use.  She also said the buttons should not require two fingers to operate.  To other owners of this machine, please let me know if you had this problem and if the buttons do get easier with use.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: HELP! KITCHEN AID 13 CUP FP

and this is why mine was in the trash (18 months old) The touchpad went bad -- I couldn't get it to work no matter how hard I pushed or different angles and KA said "so sad but no warranty". 

I think you should call Q and get a refund or new one. KA product quality isn't what it was years ago. I purchased a Cuisinart & love it no issues at all.

Honored Contributor

yeah, those 'soft' buttons are hard

what burns my rear is it's so hard to get the lid on just exactly. time it takes me to take off and on the lid I could had of made my coney island already in the Oster I pitched to sister.

The base bowl is easy just move to right, you hear a click, bingo !

But that ******** lid is a ******** I moved it to where it meets the handle on the bowl and pudge the buttons, nothing, so, then, have to take off the lid and keep putting it back on and trying the buttons all over again in order to get the **** thing to start working.

PITA

Respected Contributor

we have had ours for 17 months. bottons are alittle stiff  but not to bad. when you use your dicing kit keep your book handy put dicing kit togeather for first use to help you get it together right .at first i thought i would never figure it out but after a couple times it was fine. good luck with it.

Super Contributor

I just got mine last week too. The buttons are not very hard to push on mine. I hope yours do loosen up, but I don't think you should have to break the thing in. My frustration is getting the lid on "just right" it is a real learning process. The dicing kit has been a real *** experience for me too. Getting it out of the box and back in took a very long time. I will say though that I LOVE this FP and wouldn't give it up. The dicing kit alone has been a dream for me. I am still trying to figure out what goes with what. Sorry you are having problems.

Honored Contributor

read message 3 same trouble I"m having