Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: HEADS UP: LE CREUSET TSV

Although I'd love to have a piece in that purple color, I have more LC than I need.  Last year I got another 1qt in that 'oyster' color and it's really pretty - well, if you like greys and colors like that!  Smiley Happy  But then half of mine are black and that's my fav color.  Smiley Wink

Those LC silicone trivets are absolutely invaluable!  I have a few of the rounds, the tiny rounds, and one rectangle.

Since I broke my good arm, they have really been handy for more than the usual uses.   If I have to wash something, stir something, or cut something with my stupid right hand, I can put the dish/utensil/whatever atop one of the silicone trivets and do the job.  Now that I can use my left hand a bit, it's easier but for a while I couldn't use the left hand/arm for anything - even as a helper.    My right hand is a total idiot, so I've appreciated these trivets even more to grip things on the counter.  Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

Well, there's the answer ... QVC has decided to stock Staub rather than Le Creuset.  I have a lot of Le Creuset and a few pieces of Staub.  It is truly personal preference because both brands cook well; but, in my opinion, Le Creuset is superior for several reasons.  The exterior enamel is beautiful on both but, even though I am very careful, I feel the Staub does not hold up as well and chips easier than Le Creuset.  I have my mother's 60 year old oval Le creuset and it is still beautiful after 2 generations of constant use, no chips at all.  I also don't like the dark interior that Staub uses in their pots.  That dark interior makes it harder to monitor the food.  My experience tells me that Le Creuset is a better product, and I won't buy any more Staub.

People who who complain about cooking in and/or cleaning cast iron just haven't bothered to learn the proper technique to do either correctly.  When I read some of the complaints, I think to myself that this was probably a person who wanted to "try" cast iron and then got buyer's remorse.

Im sorry that the Q made that business decision.

Valued Contributor

Be careful of TJ Maxx.  I have had several Le Cresuet pieces bought from them split, they were larger pieces  I think they are seconds, I will never buy from them again.  A 7 qt with a lamb leg all over my oven.  Nope, not me.