Honored Contributor

These are delicious, tried them a year ago and family of chocolate addicts loved them.

Respected Contributor

Re: HARRY AND DAVID'S TRUFFLES

@mousiegirl wrote:

These are delicious, tried them a year ago and family of chocolate addicts loved them.

I love chocolate and most any sweets better than anything, but there is no way I'd pay 40 bucks for a few pieces of chocolate.....

Honored Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

I love chocolate and most any sweets better than anything, but there is no way I'd pay 40 bucks for a few pieces of chocolate.....

it is 2 pounds of chocolates for $40.

around here, most of our good chocolate stores now charge $20+ a pound for chocolates. my favorite is SEES and i buy it anytime i am in california OR get it during the holidays at our mall kiosk.  they charge close to $22 a pound.

i would say the price of the truffles is reasonable, especially if they are good.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

around here, most of our good chocolate stores now charge $20+ a pound for chocolates. my favorite is SEES and i buy it anytime i am in california OR get it during the holidays at our mall kiosk.  they charge close to $22 a pound.

i would say the price of the truffles is reasonable, especially if they are good.

@sunshine45 

Did not realize it was 2# , but I probably will not order..  I make my own fudge using the chocolate chips from Prepared Pantry... Those are the best chocolate chips I've ever had.  So the fudge recipe I got from an older lady at work 50 years ago is even better.  I could make truffles from that recipe if I wanted to spend more time on it..

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl   You have not lived until you try Graham's truffles.  Outstanding.  Visit their website.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Just got home from work, turned on the TV & saw these truffles!  I ordered 2 sets & cannot wait to try these @mousiegirl .  Thanks for validating they are all that!  

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@mousiegirl   You have not lived until you try Graham's truffles.  Outstanding.  Visit their website.

@Katcat1   $18.95 for shipping, too high.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@sunshine45   See's for me too, rum nougat and strawberry cream.

Honored Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@KatieB   We have to pay at lease $24 per pound, so this is less expensive.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  It's packed in ice packs.  If you ever swing the shipping price, you are in for a big surprise.  They are absolutely delicious and so is their other candy.  A family owned business with 2 stores in the west suburbs of Chicago.

kindness is strength