Honored Contributor

Re: Ground beef at $12 per pound ?

Some posters don't like anything about QVC, but continue to watch and "inform" the rest of us as to why we should shop elsewhere.

The quality is poor, the prices are too high, they're preying on gullible customers - on and on.

I'll continue to shop where and when I want, without feeling the need to warn others away. I'll continue to believe others have the intelligence to make their own financial decisions.

Esteemed Contributor

@Reconnaissant wrote:

80% lean ground beef is $8.95 a pound where I live. Considering shipping costs and it might be a good deal for better quality.

It's $8.95 a lb at the butcher here. 

Grocery stores are a bit cheaper but some stores limit purchases.

Valued Contributor

Same with the hot dogs. I can get good all beef doggies at my store for less. Maybe its ok for people who can afford and can't get out. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@noodleann   You have a very elitist attitude.  I use Walmart ground beef all the time.  It's 100% pure ground beef and very lean.  It looks, tastes and cooks like any other beef.  What in the heck are you inferring it contains?

As long as it is stamped USDA appoved I wouldnt question the quality from Walmart.  Ive been eating corn fed beef for 70 years with no adverse effects.  The "grass fed" nonsense is just a marketing scheme.

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@noodleann   You have a very elitist attitude.  I use Walmart ground beef all the time.  It's 100% pure ground beef and very lean.  It looks, tastes and cooks like any other beef.  What in the heck are you inferring it contains?

As long as it is stamped USDA appoved I wouldnt question the quality from Walmart.  Ive been eating corn fed beef for 70 years with no adverse effects.  The "grass fed" nonsense is just a marketing scheme.

@Reever- Not true.  Cattle is fed corn to make them get bigger faster.  Cattle naturally graze in pastures.  Of grass not corn.

Super Contributor

Yesterday at the grocery store ground beef 80/20 was $10 per pound.  Last week it was $8.00.  This is in Eastern Pennsylvania.

Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Reever wrote:

I was shocked at the price tag QVC is selling ground beef. I had tuned in early waiting for ITKWD to start. Rachel was blabbering about what a good deal it was, you cant find this in your grocery store yada yada.   I had to turn her off.  Ground beef should cost no more than $8 per pound even if it is grass fed organic. I have found ground beef in Walmart for $3 a pound.  QVC is preying on people who do not shop wisely and know what things cost in the marketplace.

Or, shoppers want to purchase it...

Everyone has access to what ground beef costs.  Maybe if they never shop for groceries or have "staff" to take care of that.  I think people buy what they want to buy.  All of us probably pay too much for something sometimes. 

Respected Contributor

Well that meat can sit & hope no one buys it and they lose a profit. So many now running to the reduce section. We got to not let them take our money for overpriced meat. I remember yrs ago a drought. lettuce was up to $4 a head sat there rot. Let's do the same. I would slice tomatoes, onions, olives, cucumbers with dressing that was the salad. Heard chicken too going up in price. We have options, get creative, eggs are great protein, let them know we refuse to buy then they will lower the price or they have to throw it out. 

Respected Contributor

QVC is not "preying" on anyone.  QVC sells a product.  Consumers can buy the product or vote with their feet. 

Simple or complex as that.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sissel wrote:

Well that meat can sit & hope no one buys it and they lose a profit. So many now running to the reduce section. We got to not let them take our money for overpriced meat. I remember yrs ago a drought. lettuce was up to $4 a head sat there rot. Let's do the same. I would slice tomatoes, onions, olives, cucumbers with dressing that was the salad. Heard chicken too going up in price. We have options, get creative, eggs are great protein, let them know we refuse to buy then they will lower the price or they have to throw it out. 

So that's your solution, is it?  Let the food rot, go to waste?  Put farms out of business and workers out of a job?  Slaughter the animals to no purpose?  Pour thousands of gallons of milk down the drain?  (That's what's happening, with the current breakdown in the supply chain.)

Not sure what you mean by the "reduce section".  But letting food go to waste in the current climate is not a very sensible solution.  Newsflash: everything is going up in price, because of the supply issues and COVID-19.  Enjoy cobbling together meals from whatever you think is a fair price.  You will certainly have to "reduce" what you buy.

(LOL!  Chicken is going up in price.  Where exactly do you think eggs come from?)