Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Ground beef at $12 per pound ?

I was shocked at the price tag QVC is selling ground beef. I had tuned in early waiting for ITKWD to start. Rachel was blabbering about what a good deal it was, you cant find this in your grocery store yada yada.   I had to turn her off.  Ground beef should cost no more than $8 per pound even if it is grass fed organic. I have found ground beef in Walmart for $3 a pound.  QVC is preying on people who do not shop wisely and know what things cost in the marketplace.

Respected Contributor

Re: Ground beef at $12 per pound ?

@Reever wrote:

I was shocked at the price tag QVC is selling ground beef. I had tuned in early waiting for ITKWD to start. Rachel was blabbering about what a good deal it was, you cant find this in your grocery store yada yada.   I had to turn her off.  Ground beef should cost no more than $8 per pound even if it is grass fed organic. I have found ground beef in Walmart for $3 a pound.  QVC is preying on people who do not shop wisely and know what things cost in the marketplace.

Or, shoppers want to purchase it...

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Valued Contributor

80% lean ground beef is $8.95 a pound where I live. Considering shipping costs and it might be a good deal for better quality.

Honored Contributor

it is the rastelli black angus 80/20 ground beef.

it is $10 a pound if you get 6 pounds of it at a time.

of course people will buy it and some people will continue to buy it.

if the quality is excellent and you prefer the taste, then there is no reason not to purchase.

ground beef is not plentiful where i live at the moment......it is hit or miss whether you can get it or not. none in sams club today.

you are also paying for having it shipped to you, which is built into the cost.

enjoy for those of you who are ordering.....let us know how it tastes!

i pay $19 for 8 frozen black angus burgers from schwans....... total weight is just about 2.5 pounds.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Reever   QVC isn't preying on anyone.  I am 100% positive that people who shop for themselves know what ground beef sells for in the marketplace.

Like everything else, there are different price points out there.  We all have two choices...buy it or not.

You recently wrote that you paid $500 for a freezer full of beef.  I guess you don't need any more beef for years to come.

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

I wouldn't buy Walmart's chops or steaks after bad experiences with them. They didn't even taste like beef. I absolutely wouldn't go near anything they ground. AFAIC, you have no idea what's in there.

Point being QVC's food prices can't be compared to Walmart's. A lot of people here seem to like QVC's foods and are willing to spend the extra. Remember that in addition to free shipping, that includes what I've read is a very generous return/refund policy if you're unhappy with your noms.

Honored Contributor

QVC's prices are not a true indicator of the market value of food.  They are selling a luxury, convenience product at a premium price.  With all the grousing about the Q's food prices, I thought everyone realized that.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@noodleann   You have a very elitist attitude.  I use Walmart ground beef all the time.  It's 100% pure ground beef and very lean.  It looks, tastes and cooks like any other beef.  What in the heck are you inferring it contains?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

W NC $5.98/lb for extra lean.

Esteemed Contributor

Ground beef is readily available in my part of the Midwest and I usually pay between $5 to $8 per pound, depending on weekly sales. I really don't care what QVC offers in the way of meat/food products because I don't buy from them. Everything I need is available at my local grocers. That said, it doesn't bother me one iota what the Q charges for their food offerings. If a person wants to order their products, that's their decision and they have their own reasons for doing so.