Frequent Contributor

Re: Grocery stores (or supermarkets) common in your area

I live in NJ. Kings, shopRite, Wegmens are all good. Kings is really goodSmiley Happy
Honored Contributor

Northern Va, We have Harris Teeter, Safeway, Giant Food, of course Walmart, Target, etc.

This is a high income area. Many of the people I know do all of their shopping at Whole Foods.

I think the stores on the East Coast are pretty similar.

I like to go to Harris Teeter. I buy the same things every week and eat out at least 3 or 4 times a week (if not more, if you include lunch).

Super Contributor

I'm in San Diego and we have Ralph's, Von's, Albertson's, Sprout's, Smart & Final, Stater Brothers, and our favorite store Trader Joe's.
Super Contributor

We live in a small community in south central Kansas. Locally we have a home owned IGA. Fifteen miles away are several Dillons/Krogers, a Walmart, Target and Aldi. I would prefer to shop locally, and do for meat (which is really good) other items. To save $$, I also shop Aldi for kitchen staples. I've never bought groceries at Target and prefer not to shop at Walmart unless I'm there for other things. . .

Honored Contributor

On 1/4/2015 Sunshine said: I'm in San Diego and we have Ralph's, Von's, Albertson's, Sprout's, Smart & Final, Stater Brothers, and our favorite store Trader Joe's.

Same here in Los Angeles. Also Gelson's.

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

I forgot to mention that we also hav Costco, Target. The Walmart near us doesn't have fresh foods.
Super Contributor

NYC and Suburbs: Trader Joe's, Gristedes, Whole Foods, Agata & Valentina, Citarella, Morton Williams, Fairway, Finefare, Met Foods, Pathmark, Stop and Shop, Shoprite, Costco, Target, BJ's, Westside Market...I may be forgetting a few lol!
Regular Contributor

In NH we have Shaws, Hannaford, Market Basket, Fresh Market , Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Target & Walmart. We also have CO-OPs and I do most of my shopping at my local CO-OP.

Super Contributor

Within walking distance: Associated, Gristedes, Trader Joes, Whole Foods ... and quite a few independent grocers, gourmet grocers and produce markets.

Honored Contributor

In our very small town in SW Florida we have 2 publix, a Winn Dixie and a Save a Lot,plus the Walmart has a grocery attached. All of them are almost empty all the time. This is a very small town - we do not need all these grocery stores. Most of the people who are here are retirees and eat half eat all their meals out, because groceries here are expensive and the small local diners and cafes have senior specials and early birds etc - so it is just as cheap to eat out. I am the only one I know in my neighborhood who cooks every day and grocery shops for a full order every week.