You are so right, IamMrsG!!!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

Re: Grocery stores (or supermarkets) common in your area

On 1/4/2015 moonchilde said:
On 1/4/2015 sunshine45 said:

In Socal: Albertson's, Ralphs, Vons/Pavilions, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, Stater Brothers, Sprouts, Jon's, Walmart, Costco, Sam's Club, Food 4 Less, Super King Market (Hispanic), Smart & Final, Mitsuwa and Marukai (Japanese), India Sweets and Spices (Indian). All have multiple stores.

one of the best parts of SoCal are all of the large ethnic grocery stores that have fantastic fresh merchandise, especially fruits and vegetables at reasonable prices. for example, a bunch of parsley at vons may cost 99 cents. i can buy 4 bunches of parsley at some of my favorite ethnic stores for the same price!

I love going to the Indian groceries, and the Japanese (never forget the day they were serving "octopus b a l l s." All kinds of fun stuff to browse.

most of the time i go to the middle eastern or the mexican stores....but i should check out the indian and the japanese stores also! i agree that browsing is part of the fun.

I live in the midst of Tehrangeles, so I should go to the grocery stores there, if only to pick up ice cream! I keep saying "one day" - but PARKING! I have a Mexican market within walking distance that gets rave reviews. Doesn't look so hot from the outside ;-(

have you ever been to WHOLESOME CHOICE? they make fresh flat breads there called sangak and it is so delicious! their food court lots of small places to eat also.....a nice variety of international foods.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I live in south central Kansas and we have Dillon's (Kroger), Walmart, Target, Sams, Whole Foods, Save-a-Lot, Aldi's. Within 5 miles or less, I have 2 Dillon's, 2 Walmart's and Aldi's.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

walmart...stop and shop...target....aharts...and shoprite...

Honored Contributor

In Socal: Albertson's, Ralphs, Vons/Pavilions, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, Stater Brothers, Sprouts, Jon's, Walmart, Costco, Sam's Club, Food 4 Less, Super King Market (Hispanic), Smart & Final, Mitsuwa and Marukai (Japanese), India Sweets and Spices (Indian). All have multiple stores.

one of the best parts of SoCal are all of the large ethnic grocery stores that have fantastic fresh merchandise, especially fruits and vegetables at reasonable prices. for example, a bunch of parsley at vons may cost 99 cents. i can buy 4 bunches of parsley at some of my favorite ethnic stores for the same price!

I love going to the Indian groceries, and the Japanese (never forget the day they were serving "octopus b a l l s." All kinds of fun stuff to browse.

most of the time i go to the middle eastern or the mexican stores....but i should check out the indian and the japanese stores also! i agree that browsing is part of the fun.

I live in the midst of Tehrangeles, so I should go to the grocery stores there, if only to pick up ice cream! I keep saying "one day" - but PARKING! I have a Mexican market within walking distance that gets rave reviews. Doesn't look so hot from the outside ;-(

have you ever been to WHOLESOME CHOICE? they make fresh flat breads there called sangak and it is so delicious! their food court lots of small places to eat also.....a nice variety of international foods.

Wish I had known about them when I lived in OC - it's a long drive for me now just to grocery shop ;-(

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

Metro Atlanta. Major grocery stores include Kroger, Publix, Aldi, WalMart, Ingle's, Trader Joe's, Sprouts, Whole Foods, Fresh Market, and others. We are lucky to be in a very competitive grocery market with lots of sales and competition!

Valued Contributor

In rural town, Walmarts, Save-A-Lot & Piggly Wiggly. An hour drive north,south and east of me, there are 4-5 Publix, 4-5 Winn-Dixie's, same number of Walmart Super stores, Sam's Clubs & one city has a Costco but never been to it. Farmer's markets in all places and farmers truck set up beside the road selling their produce in the summer

Respected Contributor

All within 10 minutes of home: Pathmark, A&P, Costco, Wegman's, Stop and Shop, ShopRite - maybe more. Walmart and Target are less than ten minutes away, too, but I don't consider them grocery stores. I could never live somewhere I had to drive miles and miles to get to a store.
Esteemed Contributor

We have Walmart. Two of them and about to have the third.

Sams

Costco

Wegmans

Aldis

Safeway

Others have come and gone

Honored Contributor

Trader Joes

Whole Foods

Andronico's (a few)

Lunardi's (a few)

Raley's/Nob Hill

Safeway

Walmart (but many don't grocery shop at ours) I don't go there myself.

Does Costco count?

There are Grocery Outlets and Smart n final