Respected Contributor

I noticed that the vendor was asked a few different times in the first presentation if there was a difference in quality from this "version" (only found on QVC) and the other more expensive versions of GreenPan.  Each time the guest avoided answering that question directly and instead said something like "I'm sure you will enjoy these pans." 

If you want to compare styles, you can find a lot of the different versions on Williams Sonoma's website.

Honored Contributor

@santorini    I guess you got your answer.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

So true!

Honored Contributor

Most frequently, you get what you pay for, but those pans are quite likely to be more than adequate for my kitchen.

I don't cook enough or even expect to live long enough to want to spend Williams Sonoma prices for kitchenware.   And I do not buy anything with the idea I will want to pass it on to the next generation.  My sisters both raised children; yet each was able to pass on to them almost nothing.

Valued Contributor

Re: GreenPan TSV

[ Edited ]

"Are these the (formerly? current?) "Todd English" "GreenPans?"  Same pans?  New issue pans?

Years ago, Todd English sold "GreenPans" on HSN. I bought a couple.  Wayyy too thin for me.  Gave 'em away.

I really like, still use, the yr & yrs old Wolfgang Puck cookware at HSN... sturdy, worthy, of being passed on to the kids. 

. . (Don't know abt WP's non-stick.. never tried)

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .

Respected Contributor

@TwinkleBell wrote:

"Are these the (formerly? current?) "Todd English" "GreenPans?"  Same pans?  New issue pans?

Years ago, Todd English sold "GreenPans" on HSN. I bought a couple.  Wayyy too thin for me.  Gave 'em away.

I really like, still use, the yr & yrs old Wolfgang Puck cookware at HSN... sturdy, worthy, of being passed on to the kids. 

. . (Don't know abt WP's non-stick.. never tried)

Yes, same pans but I believe the vendor said these were the 7th generation of the original GreenPans.  I do have some of the originals and I haven't had issues.  I just thought it was eye-opening to see the vendor basically dodge the question that Rick asked instead of admitting that there were differences in the higher priced versions.

Frequent Contributor

@santorini wrote:

I noticed that the vendor was asked a few different times in the first presentation if there was a difference in quality from this "version" (only found on QVC) and the other more expensive versions of GreenPan.  Each time the guest avoided answering that question directly and instead said something like "I'm sure you will enjoy these pans." 

Thanks for mentioning this,  I was thinking the same thing when the callers asked him (the vendor / ceo) the question and he just kept skating around the answer and comparing it to the Iphone.  

I used my 3 qt. original greenpan from the Todd English HSN days just last night for dinner, I love it. 

I did order the todays special pans, I waffled back and forth about it, and just decided to try the new version,  I really like that there are no rivets.  

I checked on amazon and they have several versions and multiple prices, but they all seem to have the rivets.

Many years ago at a cabin rental they had Wolfgang Puck stainless steel pans and yes they are beautiful pans and very sturdy and well made, however, they were too large and heavy for me to handle.

Trusted Contributor

I just bought a 10" skillet with lid, a "GreenPan York Hard Anodizes Healthy Ceramic Nonstick Gray Frying Pan/Skillet with Lid, 10" from Amazon. I haven't used it yet, but the price was right: $29.99.

-Solar  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I liked the Todd English "Elite" Green Pan that was copper.  I still use the saucepan many years later, the fry pan only in an emergency.  It's still useable but things do stick and some kind of oil/butter is needed.

Respected Contributor
I hope the GreenPan quality has improved over the years. Used to sell the originals in the cooking store I once worked in years ago. Thin, poor quality pieces of cr*p. I would wait until the reviews came in.