Valued Contributor

Does anyone have an opinion on the Debbie Meyer Green Boxes and Bags? Do they really work? TIA!

Contributor
I do. Although her light version is less expensive it is more ""disposable"" like.. Buy the original sets that are heavier. I'm crazy smoothie girl & have saved tons of $$$ not throwing produce away. I've had kale last a month past the expiration date that was on the bag. Wipe the condensation off the inside tho... Ummm.... I'm rambling... Yes. They work for me.
Contributor
Ugh! More ramblezz... As soon as I get home from shopping I remove fruits & veggies from store packaging & green box them... They really haven't worked for bread on the counter for me... But I'm in Florida so everything gets yuck fast... If you have any specific questions let me know.
Valued Contributor
On 5/31/2014 SteelCityDawn said: Ugh! More ramblezz... As soon as I get home from shopping I remove fruits & veggies from store packaging & green box them... They really haven't worked for bread on the counter for me... But I'm in Florida so everything gets yuck fast... If you have any specific questions let me know.

Thanks for that info. It does help a lot. I was thinking of keeping bread for sure as it seems to go bad so fast in the warmer temps. I live in MN so there are not many months of warm weather here. Have you tried the bags?

Honored Contributor

I tried the bags and couldn't stand them. It was a long time ago, and I don't really remember why I didn't like them. It may be because they changed the taste of the food. I ended up throwing them away.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Contributor
I have. I use them for bananas & cantaloupe & the like. Keep condensation out of whatever you use. With salads I'll fold a paper towel on top before I put the lid on & flip it upside-down. Again the light version work but are like the disposable Glad you'd buy at the grocery store in weight. I have the heavy stuff from years ago & it still works great. Put some strawberries in a lock & lock then some in a green box. You won't believe it...
Honored Contributor
On 5/31/2014 NickNack said:

I tried the bags and couldn't stand them. It was a long time ago, and I don't really remember why I didn't like them. It may be because they changed the taste of the food. I ended up throwing them away.

me, too........and I thought they didn't make any difference

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Contributor

I love the bags for lettuce, celery, (greens, etc., not for bananas though.

Super Contributor

Get the Home Collection, not the lite green boxes or the bags. I have/had both. The lites are just diposable containers to me, the bags were useless for me...they did nothing. But the heavier Home collection ones, I love. I can keep romain in them for at least 2 months if not more, I store my homemade bread on the counter in one and my bread lasts for at least 3 weeks if we haven't eaten it by then, which is rare, whereas before I could wrap it and was lucky to get a week out of it. Cookies/crackers stored in them will last indefinatley. Fruit salad stays wonderfully in them for weeks on end as does just cut up fruit or melons. I have saved alot of money using them for all kinds of things.

Respected Contributor

I've used the green bags for years and kick myself everytime I place produce in the refrigerator not in a green bag. They work great. I also have the light weight green boxes and they work good, too. I've never had the heavier ones so have nothing to compare the lighter ones to. I recently found some fresh strawberries in a green box in the back of the shelf and was amazed that they were still perfect, about 3 weeks from the time they went in.

I've never thrown a green box away. They clean up on the top shelf of the dishwasher, there's no reason to toss them like they're disposable.