Honored Contributor

Greek Yogurt and Ranch Dip At Starbucks

Starbucks has a protein box that I like.  It’s half a peanut butter and jam sandwich, string cheese, apples, carrots with a greek yogurt ranch dip and raisinets.  I love the carrots and dip.  Can you buy a dip like that?  Do you ever dip carrots in anything?  What do you do?  I’d like to replicate that box myself and have it for lunch sometimes.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

Re: Greek Yogurt and Ranch Dip At Starbucks

I think Trader Joe has a good selection of all different kinds of dips--take a look if you have access to a TJ.

Lately I've also been seeing what are called "bento boxes" all over the place. They may not all be authentic bentos, but I think it's becoming a generic name for meal containers with little compartments for different things. Some of these boxes are very cute, and perfect for your Starbuck's-wannabe type lunches. Some have built-in, reuable utensils--mine has a slot with a very nice spoon, fork and chopsticks. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you @KaySD .  Trader Joe's would be a great place to look.    What section would I find them in?

I've seen those Bento boxes.  They are cute.

-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

Every Trader joe is different, but it's with the cold food, usually near the cheeses. Not always in all right together, but not hard to find. There are yogurt ones, cream cheese ones, sour cream ones, hummus types, eggplant. Never tried one I didn't like. 

If you want lunch box, I just remembered that CostCo sells cream cheese in those little 1-ox foil packets. They are with the cheeses, and some in bags of about a zillion. That's a great way to go for convenience.

Honored Contributor

Thank you @KaySD .  I'll go to Trader Joe's.  You have to stand in line now outside and wait to go inside.  I haven't been since they started doing that, but I will for this.  I want some pot stickers, too, and theirs are so good.

-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

I'm glad Starbucks has nutrious offerings! Do you like hummus? I often dip carrots in hummus, and I've seen individual sized portions at the grocery store.  I'll also by the single servings of Jiff peanut butter and dip apples in that.  If you want a break from string cheese, I find the Baybel (little round cheeses in wax) to be a easy thing to put in a lunch.

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack 

Lines at TJ also vary by store and time of day. I often get right in and out. The good thing is it feels safe because everyone is careful and things are well-managed. I appreciate this a lot even if I have to wait a bit. I like to go to TJ once every two weeks, and to the local farm market for extra fresh veggies.

I agree about the potstickers at TJ. Did you ever try the B!B!Go Chicken Cilantro potstickers at CostCo? They are the small ones--they may be called wontons--and they're excellent and very reasonable.

Honored Contributor

@Mellyg wrote:

I'm glad Starbucks has nutrious offerings! Do you like hummus? I often dip carrots in hummus, and I've seen individual sized portions at the grocery store.  I'll also by the single servings of Jiff peanut butter and dip apples in that.  If you want a break from string cheese, I find the Baybel (little round cheeses in wax) to be a easy thing to put in a lunch.

@Mellyg   I do like hummus and buy it sometimes.  I just love this greek yogurt ranch dip though and wanted to try to find something similar.  I also like the Baybel cheese.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@KaySD   I don't have a Costco membership so never go there.  I don't buy large quantities of anything, so a membership would not be worth it for me.

-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is a really good dip (and I do NOT like ranch), so that is saying something. If I had to guess, it may not be too difficult to duplicate it (at least close enough to your liking).  I would venture to guess that mixing Greek yogurt, ranch seasoning and a good amount of dill would be close.  That is the one seasoning that sets the Starbucks ranch apart is the nice amount that of dill.  I tend to make a weeks worth of dips/dressings and put in serving size containers. It makes it nice and convenient!