New Contributor

Great way to organize recipes

I recently started using Copy Me That to organize my recipes and I love it. I added their button to my browser and use it to copy recipes from any website. It pulls just the recipe, not the ads and other text. I like having my own copy that I can edit, not just a link. I even pulled in all the recipes that people have emailed me and even some recipes that I had in Google Drive.

You can organize with tags, but I just use the search function.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Great way to organize recipes

Thanks. Going to give this a try.
Trusted Contributor

I discovered Evernote on this blog and love it.

Boop

Trusted Contributor

Since I'm a little wary of people who come in and post once or twice about a product (could even be their own product, in some cases) I always check. Here are the terms of using Copy Me That....

Terms and Conditions

You retain ownership of your own recipes and images. They will not be used by Copy Me That or any of our affiliates.

We do not share your email address with anyone nor will we send you any information that is not directly related to your account. If you add and verify your email address then you will able to use it to recover your account should you forget your password or user name.

We register the pages from which you copy recipes. Your IP-address is registered with every visit. Copy Me That uses cookies that save text information on your computer. These cookies save your user id as well as information that is used to display the Copy Me That webpages. We do not share the cookies with anyone. We include plugins from Google and Facebook, which means that these companies can collect information about your browsing activity on Copy Me That webpages. (Italics and underline are mine. You need to know that Google and FB will be monitoring you.)

All information that you enter or upload is saved in a database. When you copy a recipe, all information on that page is uploaded, not just the recipe. However, when you copy a recipe from Facebook, only the selected post is uploaded. Your data are not necessarily deleted from our servers when you delete them from your account. Copy Me That cannot be held liable in case your data is lost, altered, or compromised, even if it's our fault. Copy Me That also cannot be held liable for any effects caused by an incorrectly copied recipe.

We back up your recipes and images at least once a day. We retain the right to delete your account. If we do delete your account, or if Copy Me That should cease to exist, then we will make a good effort to ensure that you either receive copies of your recipes and images, or that you have continued online access to your recipes for at least one year. (If your account is closed due to misuse then we make no such promises.)

New Contributor

I actually think it's impressive that their terms are even short enough to paste here. It states that my recipes belong to me and will NOT be used by them. The Facebook plugin is, as far as I can tell, just the Like/Share button. And most sites out there use Google Analytics to monitor website activity. It's how they know how many people are viewing their site.