Honored Contributor

k-48307   that red is pretty.   I already have a breadmaker, but, this is good for beginners and first time cooks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Great deal on bread maker !

I have a bread maker but it's just too much trouble   Much easier to grab a loaf at the store.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

That's not a bad price. We use ours all the time. We use it to make the dough. DH does not like the shape of bread the machine makes.

We don't buy bread from the store. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 That's how I've always felt, too. The fact my bread maker sounds like a helicopter trying to land in my kitchen, doesn't help. But, I sure felt different when the grocery shelves were bare. Not a loaf to be found. 

However, my bread maker still couldn't rescue me. I anxiously searched my pantry and had none of the necessary ingredients for a loaf, nor did my store. I decided it was a concrete message from beyond to avoid carbs, so I just went with it Woman Wink..

I'm reminded of a little poem from my past:  'If all thy worldly goods you are bereft, and alone to you, two loaves are left, sell one, and with thy dole, buy hyacinth to feel the soul.' 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have a bread maker but it's just too much trouble   Much easier to grab a loaf at the store.

LOL You girls !

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

That's not a bad price. We use ours all the time. We use it to make the dough. DH does not like the shape of bread the machine makes.

We don't buy bread from the store. 

I didn't either, like the shape of the bread .   just thought it would be a good introduction to learning for the uninitiated.

Esteemed Contributor

Mom and I were talking about the great price of that bread maker in David's show today.  I haven't used mine in a while but may try to make a loaf this week.

Super Contributor

Hey Sharke, 

saw that red and I thought of ya.  😍

Respected Contributor

Please remember if you don't like the shape of the baked bread from any machine, you can just hit the dough button, form it into a loaf and bake it in a loaf pan.  Very easy.

Esteemed Contributor

I had one decades ago - fun to watch  - but hated the shape of the loaf too and didn't like the bread either.  Loaves were hard and dense - I love light fluffy type.  Cousin loved it.