Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

no, don't make hamburger or hot dog buns when you can buy them for 89 cents. for 8 packs.

like the 16 packs takes up less space in the freezer.

@SharkE 

I never have good luck when I freeze hamburger buns. Ice crystallizes in the bag, and the buns have a "freezer taste" when I thaw them out.  Exactly how do you freeze yours? 

When I buy large packages of buns at Sam's or Costco I use my Foodsaver. We usually use 3 at a time (2 for DH and 1 for me) so I cut the 8 inch Foodsaver rolls big enough for 3 buns and stop sucking the air out before the buns get smashed. This method does keep crystals from forming and the buns stay fresh.

Esteemed Contributor

When I buy hamburger buns, I always throw them in the freezer with no problems.   I don't do anything special....straight from the store bag into the freezer.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Valued Contributor

I read somewhere that you should put a paper towel in your bread, buns when you freeze them. When you intake the they are supposed to be very fresh. I don't know if it works or how it would be if you took just a couple buns out.

Valued Contributor

Re: Great Value brand

[ Edited ]

I freeze the rolls in the original package and then when I need it I break off as many as I need and place in the toaster for a few mins. It works great.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks to everyone who replied to my question about freezing bread. I will be trying out each and every one of your suggestions.  The folks on this board can be such a big help!  💕

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

My issue is just the opposite, why don't they put out any four packs?  

Honored Contributor

@SharkE Out online in W NC also.  Sorry.

Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags ...I freeze bread.  Since it's just me and dh in the house...it takes quite a while to go thru buns, bread etc.  I always wrap the buns in two's...I wrap in wax paper or saran wrap and then put in a zippered baggy and make sure the air is removed best I can.

It's a pain but if I don't freeze, I would be throwing food away.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, I sent a email to corporate, but, they wanted me to send them the UPC code. I said how can I send you a UPC code to something I haven't been able to get since Feb.?

People don't pay any attention. After that I just got "ask the manager of the store you go to". So, I will if I can ever see him.  I went on a tear with Wonder Sandwich Bread and went thru the manager, etc. That's back now.

I got a free bag of chips coupon thru Lay's. I wrote to Cascade and said "why does your pods all stick together and when you tear them apart all the liquid and powder come out". They said "humidity " issues. I got a big ol' coupon from them think it was 10 off a big amount of dishwasher pods.

Wheel that squeaks gets the grease !

Honored Contributor

@SharkE   You are correct about the squeaky wheel getting greased.

I have rarely met a cookie I did not like...until I purchased a cookie that was supposed to be peanut butter and chocolate (I think)...it was new, and I cannot remember the name.

They were horrible, I took one bite and threw them entire package away.  I cannot believe they even made it past a taste test group.  The company sent me two nice coupons for cookies, even the cashier mentioned what a nice coupon I had (it was worth about $5.00 and they sent me two).

I didn't expect the coupons just wanted to let them know that their new cookie was tasteless.