Contributor

Re: Great-Alaska-Seafood.com - have you ordered from them?

On 11/30/2014 CalmInTheHeart said:

Have you ordered from Great Alaska Seafood?

Have you received good seafood from other online companies? If so, what companies did you like best?

Thanks!

I order from them on a regular bases...have for several years...they ship FEDX overnight and once you try wild-caught salmon / seafood..or anything from them ..you will never buy farmed fish/ store bought again..nothing is ever farmed from them.....my usual order is Salmon...Shrimp and huge Prawns...Cod and halibut... Seafood! 100% WildAlaska King Crab, Salmon, Shrimp, Halibut

Honored Contributor

Wow! $32./lb for Halibut. That stuff is like gold.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

On 11/30/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Calm, are you the one who wanted your halibut?

yes {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

On 11/30/2014 kachina624 said: Wow! $32./lb for Halibut. That stuff is like gold.

It would have to be a special treat on rare occasions at that price.

Respected Contributor

On 11/30/2014 fthunt said:

How about LOBSTER GRAM? They sell lobster on the Q but I'm not a lobster fan .....however, I just received their catalog and see other items I'd love to order. Any opinions?

The lobster is the only thing I've tried. I love those after the sticker shock.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

On 12/1/2014 CalmInTheHeart said:
On 11/30/2014 kachina624 said: Wow! $32./lb for Halibut. That stuff is like gold.

It would have to be a special treat on rare occasions at that price.

It's something that you want, so you buy it. No apologies or regrets.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor

On 11/30/2014 RUBE said:

I order from them on a regular bases...have for several years...they ship FEDX overnight and once you try wild-caught salmon / seafood..or anything from them ..you will never buy farmed fish/ store bought again..nothing is ever farmed from them.....my usual order is Salmon...Shrimp and huge Prawns...Cod and halibut... Seafood! 100% WildAlaska King Crab, Salmon, Shrimp, Halibut

RUBE, I helped a neighboring company out with something. The General Manager of the fish processor gave me some salmon fillets as a thank you.

They were caught in Alaska 2 days prior. When I got them home, I cut them up into single servings (they were 20 pound fillets) and my hands were so oily, I couldn't open the baggies.

The first one I made, I didn't put anything on it. I wanted to see what the flavor was like.

That spoiled me for salmon.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Contributor

On 12/1/2014 HonnyBrown said:
On 11/30/2014 RUBE said:<br class="quote_author" />

RUBE, I helped a neighboring company out with something. The General Manager of the fish processor gave me some salmon fillets as a thank you.

They were caught in Alaska 2 days prior. When I got them home, I cut them up into single servings (they were 20 pound fillets) and my hands were so oily, I couldn't open the baggies.

The first one I made, I didn't put anything on it. I wanted to see what the flavor was like.

That spoiled me for salmon.

That was a nice gift....delicious I'm sure...and Yes, now you are spoiled...and also if you notice the colour of the wild Salmon is naturally a very deep colour ....where as store bought or farmed salmon has artificial colouring inserted ...I am from northeast Canada and know salmon... Alaska Salmon is the way to go while here in Florida.

Honored Contributor

They are excellent and I have bought from them before, but in the last couple years they are simply more expensive than I am willing to pay, and I can find far better deals locally on comparable items. I am sad to see that!

Honored Contributor

On 12/2/2014 Sooner said:

They are excellent and I have bought from them before, but in the last couple years they are simply more expensive than I am willing to pay, and I can find far better deals locally on comparable items. I am sad to see that!

Are you getting several emails PER DAY from them lately? For, I don't know - a week or more - I've been getting several emails a day from them. This is unusual and starting to get on my nerves.