Trusted Contributor

I have been having a hard time finding grapefruit. Usually, it's everywhere. I can't even find the sections in the jar. When  I do find the fresh grapefruit, it is nearly $2 a piece. Has anyone noticed this in your area? Thanks and have a great day!

Honored Contributor

I've been enjoying a lot of ruby red grapefruit lately, but I'm close to FL. where mine comes from.

A lot of the growers in FL also sell online and ship very reasonably, you could maybe google that.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

@KingstonsMom  Thank you. I hadn't thought of that. It would probably be quite expensive to ship, but I will check it out. Really hoping some will come in around here. I'm in La.

Honored Contributor

@Renata22 

I have family members who order fruits from growers in FL to ship and according to them it's pretty reasonable with shipping, although I realize 'reasonable' is a relative term, LOL!

Good luck in your grapefruit search!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I've been buying these and love having them in the fridge when I get a grapefruit craving. I stock up.

Del Monte Fruit Naturals Red Grapefruit in Artificially Sweetened Water 6.5  oz. Cup - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

Honored Contributor

@silkyk That's something I need to look for. I bet it stays very fresh packed that way.

Honored Contributor

You could get home delivery of your groceries - whether fresh, frozen, or jarred/canned.

Check your local supermarket, Walmart, Amazon, and other options.

BTW, Amazon has this in stock:

Respected Contributor

@Renata22 Del Monte has two products that I think are as close to fresh as canned can get. They have Red Grapefruit that is just grapefruit, but my favorite is Citrus Salad which has two kinds of grapefruit as well as oranges. At one time I would open a can of Citrus Salad and eat the whole thing at once and then drink the juice. These might be a good choice to keep in your pantry for when things are scarce.

I can no longer eat citrus because of my acid reflux, but I would buy it today if my stomach would cooperate. It looks like you are getting some good suggestions on this thread.

Honored Contributor

Winter is the season for citrus.  What little you see now is probably imported from the Southern Hemisphere.  It's expensive because it's out of season. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  You're correct, like oranges it's grown in Florida in the winter, it's out of season.