Respected Contributor

Re: Gourmet holiday shows and Passover

I think each of them should write an apology on their Facebook page. IMO inexcusable.

Respected Contributor

I understand that your religious observation felt disrespected. 

I'm also beginning to have some sympathy for Q's hosts for angry letters or being called into their managers' offices for any unintentional error over religious observations not of theirs that honors one of the greatest Biblical kindnesses written from Genesis to Revelation.  Pity the pain everyone endures for the sake of religious beliefs..

That line, "no good deed goes unpunished" comes to mind because they meant no harm, were doing their job, such as it was and also seems in a bizarre way, fitting, as persecutions go.

Honored Contributor

The hosts apparently are encouraged to tell us HOW to use a product, whether it be a ham or a sweater to wear to a PTA meeting. This is a perfect example of why they should show us the product, tell us how many servings it contains, and let US decide how we'll use it. It would spare them embarrassment for making an unintentional error.

Honored Contributor

Unbelievable.  What's next?  Will Pat and Jayne market Rastelli's beef burgers to Hindus?  Heartland Fresh pork tenderloins to Muslims?  Garlic Herb Right Rice to Buddhists?  The MBA's have to get to work on this.

Respected Contributor

@Free2be   For me, this is less about being offended and more about expecting accuracy in a presentation. QVC hosts are professional communicators and are ultimately responsible for the accuracy of the words they speak. If a news outlet makes a (big) mistake, they retract and correct.

Whether intentional or not, an apology is appropriate here. It would also be good PR for the vendor to extend an apology.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another example of why they should shorten presentations and limit the time to descriptions of the product instead of "where and when". 

Being Catholic and growing up in a mainly Protestant town, I endured a lot of ridicule, but let it roll off. 

Maybe just chalk it up to not knowing/understanding.  I'm sure Pat and Jayne meant no disrespect.  It's not in either of their personalities.  I don't think an apology is necessary.

Contributor

Wow,, did not hear that about the shriimp..another faux pas

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just when you think you've seen it all. I don't expect everyone to know everything about all religions, seems like a very unrealistic expectation to me. 

Honored Contributor

I think a lot of it has to do with trying to include everyone and everything....you can't say Christmas unless you say Hanukkah as well, .and now you gotta throw Kwanzaa in there too .....you can't say Easter unless you say Passover...they are trying so hard to be inclusive to all they don't even realize they have misspoke.

Trusted Contributor

My Grandma's cakes are kosher, but not kosher for Passover because they're leavened. Ham isn't kosher any day of the year.