Respected Contributor

Re: Gourmet holiday shows and Passover

Don't you suppose that in meetings they discuss how foods are going to be presented and decide they can describe it to cover all types of celebratory (or none) holiday tables, anticpating some backlash?  Just guessing here.  As some have said, they don't have to do that but they must believe it helps with sales.

Also, I thought about the new refrigerator I have that has a religious observation accommodation that many appliances have these days.  Everyone pays for that premium option whether it is used or not and that's not only okay, it's fabulous.  Wow, home appliances that fit your deepest sensibilities.

People should be able to have their perks and we can all get along with everyone doing the best they can.  There are so many very bad actors out there, I'd rather see those taken to the mat, so to speak.

For those who need an apology, I hope it comes your way.

Honored Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

Also, I thought about the new refrigerator I have that has a religious observation accommodation that many appliances have these days.  

@Free2be  I haven't heard about that, neither have I bought a new appliance in years.  How do today's appliances accommodate religious preferences?

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr  They will automatically put them in suspension for the period the believer is not supposed to use electric power products.  I do not know the particulars.  I do believe it to be wonderful, something the owner does not need to have to think about, like I don't have to think about an automatic thermostat, sort of.

Valued Contributor

@santorini wrote:

So please educate me.  What's wrong with ham on a bagel?

If you are not kidding : no pigs , no shellfish....

Honored Contributor

They're in such a panicked frenzy to sell they don't even think about what they'e saying.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Janey2, what I say is what I have experienced, and my opinion- Truth. 

Valued Contributor

Nothing wrong with ham on a bagel.  All kinds of people eat bagels, not just Jewish people.  But its wrong to suggest ham or a cake would be good for Passover, because its a Jewish holiday and can't be eaten then.  

Honored Contributor

This is most likely an "unintentional slip" by a host. 

The larger problem is that there are many people who can't AFFORD TO BUY A HAM.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I remember many years ago Lisa Mason hosted a Hanukkah gift show. When she started the show she said  she and Gino went to the library the day before to study about it, kudos to her!!!

Makes us miss the days of Kathy Levine hosting holiday shows of both faiths.