Contributor

Gourmet holiday shows and Passover

Yesterday Jayne Brown and Pat James Dementri were hosting......Both of them stated during a presentation of My Grandma's Cake and Ham that these would be good for Passover..As a Jewish person , these statements are offensive , and I do not understand why these hosts are not trained by QVC that these foods are not eaten at Passover....This has happened before........I would like to know who I could contact at QVC....any suggestions would be helpful....

Honored Contributor

Re: Gourmet holiday shows and Passover

[ Edited ]

I agree. Most times the hosts are CLUELESS. How about the ham on a bagel ? The thing about contacting someone at the Q: just spinnin' your wheels.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

I am sure they did not mean to be offensive at all.

Write to QVC Headquarters

1200 Wilson Dr, West Chester, PA 19380

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ham at Jewish Passover??   hmm 

I dont even understand Christians & Ham at Passover/Lent & Easter/Resurrection Day.  Has been a "head scratcher" to me, but "I pay it no mind."

Esp, incl considering the "grafting," (but that might require more study)

But nothing like the big "faux pas" of Ham & Jewish Passover.

That big "faux pas" needs to be corrected & educated.

I think for this, even also contacting the "Social Team,"  *also*

Blast this all over, as a kindness & respect for a people.

And perhaps an educational lesson/thread on this Forum here too?

Nothing subtle. 

Doesnt even need an extensive explanation unless ppl are more curious, which often happens here.  Good ppl here.

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

I am sure they did not mean to be offensive at all.

Write to QVC Headquarters

1200 Wilson Dr, West Chester, PA 19380

I agree, @RespectLife. I believe Jayne and Pat would be the last two hosts who would intentionally be offensive.   

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I agree. Most times the hosts are CLUELESS. How about the ham on a bagel ? The thing about contacting someone at the Q: just spinnin' your wheels.

@Group 5 minus 1    Ham on a bagel is known as an "International Sandwich".

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@CatLady72 wrote:

Yesterday Jayne Brown and Pat James Dementri were hosting......Both of them stated during a presentation of My Grandma's Cake and Ham that these would be good for Passover..As a Jewish person , these statements are offensive , and I do not understand why these hosts are not trained by QVC that these foods are not eaten at Passover....This has happened before........I would like to know who I could contact at QVC....any suggestions would be helpful....

Hi, I saw the same show. Maybe you could email the social team and ask them to let whoever handles this at Q know about this so they can make the hosts aware. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn wrote:

Ham at Jewish Passover??   geesh  

I dont even understand Christians & Ham at Passover/Lent & Easter/Resurrection Day.  Has been a "head scratcher" to me.

Esp, incl considering the "grafting," (but that might require more study)

But nothing like the big "faux pas" of Ham & Jewish Passover.

That big "faux pas" needs to be corrected & educated.

I think for this, even also contacting the "Social Team,"  *also*

Blast this all over, as a kindness & respect for a people.

And perhaps an educational lesson/thread on this Forum here too?

Nothing subtle. 

Doesnt even need an extensive explanation unless ppl are more curious, which often happens here.  Good ppl here.

@MakeUpMaidn @Desertdi Not all Christians give up things for Lent or observe it as a time perid.  Don't read too much into things now, not all people have a specific religion and there is too much controversial about any of it.  We can't know all traditions. 

I hear so many wrong ideas it makes my head swim.  People don't seem to know much about a lot of things these days.  I have decided to not pay a lot of attention to what others think or say about my faith.  Lots of wrong ideas abound, and people are assumed to believe one thing or another by a label--but best wishes to all.

Honored Contributor

Years ago I also heard Mary Beth Roe say how a ham would make a perfect Passover dinner. 

Respected Contributor

They do that every year!  "buy this ham for Passover".   Not saying that they are intentionally being offensive, but they are being intentional to sell as much as possible. They need to stop.