Valued Contributor

Gourmet food shows this week

I have been critical of the  food shows but this week they were watchable and enjoyable. Foods were the stars and not the hosts for a change and I did not have to click the remote.  Thank you QVC!  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gourmet food shows this week

It was nice to have a change of host - Mary Beth and Jane.  Jane got a little over-excited = but that's Jane.  Too much drama for a cookie!  Mary Bath 'stables' a  rocking ship with her calm nature.

I enjoyed - and ordered - too.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

The over the top reactions of hosts of the Gourmet Holiday shows have become unwatchable.  Then they call people in from the sidelines and they have to join in on the OMG reactions.  The all talk at once, oohing and ahhing.  Then let's head over to the table where vendors are sitting and eating the product.  More of the same.  It's unbearable. 

I also hate the close-ups where they squeeze out the fillings ovah and ovah and ovah. 

Farmer John's popcorn -- It's just popcorn, people!  Relax!

Farmer John, Rastelli, Corkly's, Marnie's Pies, Cheryl's Cookies, etc. are on far too often with the same tired spiel. 

And Jimmy the Baker? Click.

Honored Contributor

No---- I am so over any food show anymore---can get the same types of things locally at a much better  price and NO shipping ----Not a fan of watching people eat either--and the over the top decriptions are dumb-------

Frequent Contributor

I would rather watch food shoes over vacuums, tablets, computers, Susan Graver, etc. . anytime. To each his own, I like watching th new foods. It's fun for me !! Keep it up OVC and thanks . . 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

They had Rachel and Alberti hosting again yesterday, so I tuned out, but it should be interesting to see how the combo of Mary Beth and Rick works today...

Respected Contributor

I used to enjoy the Gourmet Food shows. But since they air almost daily now and show the same items, they no longer appeal to me. 

Trusted Contributor

Do not like Rick, but Mary Beth is OK.  Do not watch anymore because the hosts are so over the top and the food costs are ridiculous.  It is disgusting when they squeeze, squish and manhandle the food.  Also, it looks dried out sitting under those hot lights.  Not appetizing at all.