Occasional Contributor

Gourmet cheezy crab & bacon cakes

Has anyone tried these crab cakes? I could not find any reviews. Hopefully someone can give their input....Thanks....

Respected Contributor

Re: Gourmet cheezy crab & bacon cakes

[ Edited ]

Two reviews for that item are posted on QVC.  Both are fairly positive, but one reviewer expressed a wish that the price was lower.

For crab, that isn't going to happen, especially with packing and shipping factored in.

I have a $28 little 16-oz. container of Phillips lump crab in my refrigerator right now, purchased at Costco for at least 1/3 less than my local grocery store charges for the same item, because my husband likes me to make Crab Imperial with it. 

Yesterday, I took my sister to lunch for her birthday at her favorite seafood restaurant, and we each ordered the crabcake sandwich served only  with fries, with only water to drink and no dessert.   The crabcake was delicious but very small.  The bill  was more than $40.

Crab is expensive, no matter how and where you buy it.  Unfortunately, it is also very delicious If you don't mind the price,  the QVC item might be good to try.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

On second thought, crab is good enough not to combine with bacon to give it a good flavor.  EVERYTHING with bacon is good.  Maybe we should wonder why this item needs bacon at all, and wouldn't the bacon overwhelm the crab taste which costs  such  a premium price?  Just a thought.............

Trusted Contributor

I was intrigued by these crab cakes, but all choices were on wait list!  Oh well...