Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gourmet Holiday show today......

@new nickname 4 wrote:

@kelsey17 I stand by my statement.  Sorry that offends you, but you started the post with bashing a host.

Maybe you would like a vendor only (no host) presentation of a (?). I do not find Rachel offensive.  And if I did, I would not be brash enough to comment on her hosting abilities.  I am (of the generation) kind to people.  

However, I do believe that people in today's world, are being bold -  hiding behind being anonymous and just (spouting) speaking out because no one knows who they are.  I would like to see personal names associated with social media/forums.  

First of all............i never bashed a host...saying she didn't give a vendor to speak is not saying she is offensive as you seem to like to put words you interpret into others posts................Second I don't think you are sorry you offended me as you stated......and as you proclaim yourself to be of a generation who is kind to 

people ..................I am of a generation who was taught manners and to respect others conversations and let  them speak before i interrupt them............you could have easily responded with your opinion of this post with how you feel Rachel's interruptions were warranted.............instead of actually bashing the writer of the post. Enough

Esteemed Contributor

Things that people do in the public eye, actors, writers, singers, dancers, CEO's. workers, businesses,  and even professional critics are evaluated constantly on their performance. Reviews are written, comments left, stars given  so why not show hosts?

I have NO problem with opinions left here on host's performance  but it's sad to me to see fellow posters turning on each other for their opinions.   No need to get personal.  Agree or disagree, respect others and their opinions.

Promise this is my last post on the subject. 

Happy Holidays to all!

Super Contributor

Happy Holidays to you as well!

Honored Contributor

I rarely ever witness any of this host behavior, as I don't watch presentations.  

When I first started shopping here, I did watch, but got annoyed with voices, stories, phrases, and other drivel to the point it was clear I needed to change the channel.

I still buy things here, but stick to looking at products online and reading reviews before buying.  Absolutely no tuning in to presentations.

Honored Contributor

@IamDoodles wrote:

@Reilley wrote:

@new nickname 4 

After thinking about my comment, you're right!  People do start threads such as this because they're mean and nasty. Their world is empty and they exist only to comment in  meaningless forums such as the one we're commenting on.

That's a bold statement to make, but before you can convince me that it's true, you need to provide some concrete facts to support your statement.  Otherwise, it's purely an assumption or opinion.  

Just chill, ok?  We are discussing and stating our opinions.  Isn't that the purpose of this forum

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Reilley wrote:

@new nickname 4 

After thinking about my comment, you're right!  People do start threads such as this because they're mean and nasty. Their world is empty and they exist only to comment in  meaningless forums such as the one we're commenting on.

It's a predominant behavior on the forums. Some vendors, hosts, brands are TARGETED by multiple posters. Hostility towards Q shoppers is a blatant activity here

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@new nickname 4 wrote:

@Reilley I respectfully don't think so. So many people are now posting because they can be anonymous. 

Why are they so acrimonious  towards ordinary people?  Are they just mean people?  Those who seek out and speak out in such derogatoryt terms are trying to hurt people. To me, that is a sympton of a bigger problem, that they need to seek help 

Absolutely!