Super Contributor

Re: Gourmet Holiday show today......

@new nickname 4 

After thinking about my comment, you're right!  People do start threads such as this because they're mean and nasty. Their world is empty and they exist only to comment in  meaningless forums such as the one we're commenting on.

Trusted Contributor

@Reilley wrote:

@new nickname 4 

After thinking about my comment, you're right!  People do start threads such as this because they're mean and nasty. Their world is empty and they exist only to comment in  meaningless forums such as the one we're commenting on.

That's a bold statement to make, but before you can convince me that it's true, you need to provide some concrete facts to support your statement.  Otherwise, it's purely an assumption or opinion.  

Honored Contributor

Give the hosts a break.  You have no idea what a producer is screaming in their ear to do and say.  They are under terrific pressure.

Rachel started her Q career as somewhat of a shy, shrinking violet.  Whatever she is today is what they pressures her to be or she'd be out the door.  In most cases, the person you see selling is not the true personality of that individual.

I think in her time at QVC, Rachel has changed more than any other host.  Many who were somewhat quiet and sedate didn't survive and are gone.  Rachel is a fighter and survivor.... Give her some credit.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@new nickname 4 wrote:

Why do you feel the need to post this?   Does this make you feel happy to bash the hosts?  And if so Why?  

I don't understand why you are so triggered.  Apparently you are just a person that likes to stir the pot, and create a response from others that have no other purpose than bashing others also.

Sad, that your life has disolved into taking pleasure in bashing people you only watch on TV.   Maybe you need to seek help?

@new nickname 4 wrote:

Why do you feel the need to post this?   Does this make you feel happy to bash the hosts?  And if so Why?  

I don't understand why you are so triggered.  Apparently you are just a person that likes to stir the pot, and create a response from others that have no other purpose than bashing others also.

Sad, that your life has disolved into taking pleasure in bashing people you only watch on TV.   Maybe you need to seek help?

The difference between your post and mine is that i had empathy for the vendor who attempted numerous times to describe/sell her product and wasn't having much success............but the difference between myself and you is that i do NOT BASH OR TRY TO ANALYZE you who seems to feel the need to bash someone who expresses an opinion you aren't in agreement with.....isn't that bullying???So you assume i only watch tv to bash people............................and i should seek help?

Look in the mirror lately?

Super Contributor

@kelsey17 I stand by my statement.  Sorry that offends you, but you started the post with bashing a host.

Maybe you would like a vendor only (no host) presentation of a (?). I do not find Rachel offensive.  And if I did, I would not be brash enough to comment on her hosting abilities.  I am (of the generation) kind to people.  

However, I do believe that people in today's world, are being bold -  hiding behind being anonymous and just (spouting) speaking out because no one knows who they are.  I would like to see personal names associated with social media/forums.  

Esteemed Contributor

I used to get upset about perceived bashing and respond but no longer.  They are opinions based on their interpretation of what they saw.

An opinion is a view or judgement formed or made about something that isn't necessarily based on something that is factual.  An opinion is a personal judgement, thought , or belief.

Everyone has a right to voice their opinion and some do it more kindly than others and that too is a personal choice.  

Valued Contributor

LOL,,,,, People can tell others they need help......I guess that is not bashing or bullying someone who has the right to their opinion. If you want to make a change...TAKE A LOOK IN THE MIRROR and then decide who needs help.

Super Contributor

I feel it is my right to comment on any host, especially if they lie overtly or by omission or the ones that brag incessantly regarding $$$$$$ spent that others (and they point this out in a cryptic manner) cannot afford. Disingenuous, bragging hosts deserve to be called out.

Honored Contributor

@RNbynite wrote:

I feel it is my right to comment on any host, especially if they lie overtly or by omission or the ones that brag incessantly regarding $$$$$$ spent that others (and they point this out in a cryptic manner) cannot afford. Disingenuous, bragging hosts deserve to be called out.

@RNbynite  The only ones who see your calling out comments are the other posters here. Seems as though the ones in charge don't care. Seems like the producers hear what's going on and let it continue. 

Super Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ ....I'm guessing that you are right, but as long as someone is informed as to what I see and hear , all the better. My opinions are always based on facts. I'm not one to fabricate or skew.