Honored Contributor

Gourmet Holiday on Q2 Today -- Live Vendor-Only Show

[ Edited ]

This should be interesting.  In today's Gourmet Holiday show, the Kansas City Steak vendor has included other vendors at his house (I assume, all vaccinated) for a 2-hour Gourmet Holiday show on Q2, from 4:00 - 6:00 pm (ET).

I've seen a lot of these Live vendor-only shows on Q2 in the past few months.  But this is the first time I've seen one with multiple vendors selling their own brands, from one location set-up in the same show.

I spotted Squirrel Nut Brand, and two other vendors, along with Kansas City, in the intro. They'll present one at a time, not as a group. 

They are moving closer & closer to replicating the main channel, without having to use any hosts at all.   

Trusted Contributor

Re: Gourmet Holiday on Q2 Today -- Live Vendor-Only Show

I saw the preview for it but I don't watch the food shows.  I watch kitchen shows just not food shows.  I am not sure how it will turn out.

Honored Contributor

I've seen a few of these shows but I don't think they will do that permanently on the main channel. However, you never know.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't watch food shows at all because of the squishing of food etc but saw the post and decided to give it a look.  There is gentlemen demonstrating Mama Mancini's products from his home.  What a pleasure.  He is calm, outstanding in the information he is giving, and demonstrating the food with no squishing. Not a lot of waste either. A host is not needed.  Will look for hostless shows going forward.

Trusted Contributor

Probably a good way for the Q to test pilot different ways of selling items to see if they are popular or not.

If selling this way generates just as much sales as shows that require a QVC host, then it would make business sense to go this route.  

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

I don't watch food shows at all because of the squishing of food etc but saw the post and decided to give it a look.  There is gentlemen demonstrating Mama Mancini's products from his home.  What a pleasure.  He is calm, outstanding in the information he is giving, and demonstrating the food with no squishing. Not a lot of waste either. A host is not needed.  Will look for hostless shows going forward.

good presention, 

don't need the host and the squishing and the cutting food over and over

much nicer program 

Esteemed Contributor

Nuts, I missed it.