Regular Contributor

Gourmet Holiday... OH MY gosh..are you kidding?

$8.75/lb for a turkey bre ast??? And that is the FEATURED PRICE PER POUND! The "Retail value" is priced at 89.00(for 2 3.5-4lb bre asts) which comes to $11.25/lb !!!

AND they are advertising 3.5 OR 4 lbs each. So if you happen to get the 3.5 lb turkey b it is $10.00/lb featured price. $12.85/lb for the "Retail Price".

Really????? Seriously.

Honored Contributor

Re: Gourmet Holiday... OH MY gosh..are you kidding?

Isn't that the price for a pound of Boars Head at the deli counter? I didn't see the show so I have no idea what they're selling nor do I care. Even when I head to the deli, I buy 4 SLICES, not 4 pounds. I do think I probably pay somewhere around the equivalent of $9.00/pound though.

Esteemed Contributor

millieshops you're right, Boar's Head is at an independent grocer here and it's about $9-11/lb for lunchmeat. My butcher carries more variety but he is a trip for me.

I've done turkey br=east a few times. Some from Honey Baked Ham, from the Q and Whole Foods. I don't have many shopping choices here. Honey Baked had the best taste IMHO. No waste, already cooked so less fuss and more time with guests.

When I have the time I do it myself and enjoy coming up with many dupe recipes on my own. When I didn't take the time to plan, I splurge.

I saw WS had pumpkin bread mix.......$12/loaf. One loaf.

Trusted Contributor

Why does it matter? If people are willing to pay that price, more power to them. Can you honestly say you never purchase items that others might consider extravagant or foolish?

Regular Contributor

89.00 for 2 turkey brea sts at 3.5 lbs each? I am just saying that I would NEVER pay 12.85/lb for a turkey b. when I can buy one for 2.99/lb and actually cheaper the closer Thanksgiving gets.

Regular Contributor

And I do not buy Boars head...

Trusted Contributor

These food items are for convenience. If shoppers are willing to pay these prices, why not. Also it's great for those unable to get out on their own
Regular Contributor

So take advantage of those who are "unable to get out on their own"? How do they get out and buy milk, bread etc..?

Why am I the only one who looks at a 3.5 lb br. of turkey (think about how small that is...) and would pay 45.00 for it?

Gosh, maybe I'm just crazy.

Super Contributor

On 10/13/2014 BooBoo2 said:

So take advantage of those who are "unable to get out on their own"? How do they get out and buy milk, bread etc..?

Why am I the only one who looks at a 3.5 lb br. of turkey (think about how small that is...) and would pay 45.00 for it?

Gosh, maybe I'm just crazy.

You're not crazy. I think the prices are ridiculous, too. But there are always people willing to pay it, strangely enough.

Regular Contributor

Pheww...I was beginning to wonder!! And I guess if people pay, they will continue to charge outrageous costs!