Honored Contributor

Gourmet Holiday 7/20 -- Mary Beth is Great!

Mary Beth Roe is hosting a 3-hour Gourmet Holiday show alone, and it's fantastic!  Nearly everything is selling out, and her energy is genuinely delightful.  It's so nice seeing just one host in this food show for a change.

I'd love to see Mary Beth hosting more Gourmet Holiday shows.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gourmet Holiday 7/20 -- Mary Beth is Great!

I agree so much......I was actually able to watch it and bought an item!! 

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3  I did too Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

No, I'm not flipping the channel, I know she'll tempt me into buying something.

She puts no pressure on you but somehow twists your arm to dial the phone or click on the computer.  

That's how good she is at her job and her presentations don't even appear that she is working at all.

Trusted Contributor

I only caught a few minutes of the show, but what I did see was so refreshing.  No waving of the arms, shouting, smacking of the lips, and rolling of the eyes.  

Mary Beth knows how to do it right.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been a QVC customer long enough to remember when Mary Beth hosted cooking shows on a regular basis.  Bob Bowersox was still at QVC, but several others did cooking shows as well, such as Steve B., Jill, etc.  It was during the T-fal and Nesco days when there seemed to be many more shows in the kitchen.  Since cooking and baking is my main hobby, I was thrilled to have so many cooking shows to watch.

I did enjoy seeing her back in the kitchen doing the Gourmet Holiday show; she's always been one of my favorites.

Honored Contributor

3 hours of food hosted by one person!!!  that must be vey tiring---I can't even watch 10 minutes of those shows anymore---so boring and same old stuff-----Woman Embarassed

Esteemed Contributor

@IamDoodles wrote:

I only caught a few minutes of the show, but what I did see was so refreshing.  No waving of the arms, shouting, smacking of the lips, and rolling of the eyes.  

Mary Beth knows how to do it right.

@IamDoodles  I know.  I even bought the Fruitkies because Mary Beth just broke them open and let us see what was inside.  No putting them on top of each other and squishing them to death.  Yes, no screaming and the other stuff you mentioned!

Trusted Contributor

It was nice not having someone inconsiderate screaming off camera to get air time.   Respect and professionalism will always win.   I watched the show, also.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Northern Belle 2 wrote:

I've been a QVC customer long enough to remember when Mary Beth hosted cooking shows on a regular basis.  Bob Bowersox was still at QVC, but several others did cooking shows as well, such as Steve B., Jill, etc.  It was during the T-fal and Nesco days when there seemed to be many more shows in the kitchen.  Since cooking and baking is my main hobby, I was thrilled to have so many cooking shows to watch.

I did enjoy seeing her back in the kitchen doing the Gourmet Holiday show; she's always been one of my favorites.

@Northern Belle 2   I remember those days and miss them.  QVC is not nearly as good as it was in the past.