Honored Contributor

Got some new cookbooks to look through for today

Just for today:

I don't have to be anywhere!!! No one needs anything from me. (Just for today anyway). At least so far and it's just before 6 a.m. hopefully this will remain the same.

Anyone else burying themselves in cookbooks today or trying new recipes? Or planning to?

Super Contributor

Re: Got some new cookbooks to look through for today

I got Savory Sweet Life, Sweet Memories, and The Sentimental Kitchen for Christmas this year.

Honored Contributor

Sounds good, you'll have to give us a rundown on how you like them, please.

I'll add, mine are new Gooseberry Patch ones. I don't know, I just really like these. But I have all kinds, I think. I don't have the ones you got, so I'll be waiting to hear how you found them.

Honored Contributor

I am always inspired on Jan 1st to get organized.....that includes planning meals so I will sit and watch some parades and football while I look at cookbooks. My intentions are good so we will see about the follow-through....ha! Enjoy your day!
Honored Contributor

I got three new ones from DH - usually he gets me one! He gave me Emeril's Cooking with Power, Slow Cooking Revolution - Volume 2, and Pressure Cooking Perfection - both by America's Test Kitchen. I guess he was paying attention to which kitchen small appliances I use most! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

qualitygal - I LOVE Gooseberry Patch! Which ones did you get?

ETA - It looks like no one will be moving much tomorrow with this storm. Maybe I can curl up with a cup of hot cider or hot chocolate and really look through my new cookbooks! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Honored Contributor

beach-mom, the ones I got I didn't have:

Big Book of Holiday Cooking

Homemade Christmas

A Pinch of This and a Dash of That

Old-Fashioned Country Cookies

Recipes for Comfort

Country Baking

Family Favorites (love the notes I've read with each recipe)

Christmas Cookies

I'm in the mood to bake cookies. LOL I'm still reading. We're evidentally going into an artic freeze next week, so I'm glad I'll have a few more to read. Haven't received them all yet.