Honored Contributor

Got a turkey in the oven, and does it smell good!!

My husband wants the first meal with this to be the meal we call, turkey ala king. It's so simple. Then he says, you've got so many cookbooks...I'll bet you can find a lot of other recipes too, to use. (I said, but you aren't doing any of it right?) He says, "it's to keep you out of the bars". This is what happens for us retirees. ROFLOL. I'm going to get him a paper route! LOL.

Anyone else doing some other recipes that aren't your norm? I think I'll look up some 9 x 13 casserole dishes. I have a magazine, that is strictly just for those size casseroles.

Any ideas you want to pass along, bring them on. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Got a turkey in the oven, and does it smell good!!

I used to make turkey a la king, out of a really old Betty Crocker cookbook, many years ago. It was always good.

I also will pack up 2+ pounds of turkey pieces that I vacuum seal and freeze to make turkey chili later on.

I'm not the most creative person ever. But I do love turkey and will just eat it in the most boring ways. One thing I like with turkey (only turkey I have roasted, not the stuff you buy in the store sliced, although there's nothing wrong with that) is to take some whole grain bread, little butter on both pieces, and pile some turkey in there. That's my favorite turkey sandwich. I also like a grilled turkey and cheese.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Got a turkey in the oven, and does it smell good!!

I love turkey. I could eat it all of the time.

I will buy turkey pieces and make soup out of them. I just cook them down to get a nice broth out of them, and use veggie broth as the base. Then I put in whatever veggies I have in the freezer and fridge, and season it how I want, to taste. I also will put in either pasta or egg noodles.