Honored Contributor

Goodies Are Changing Next Year!

Next year, I am dropping Butterscotch Bars with pecans, and adding sprits cookies.  I'll keep the fudge and 7 Layer cookies and Mexican Wedding cookies.

Any else planning a change?

Honored Contributor

Re: Goodies Are Changing Next Year!

@ECBG   Did you mean SPRITZ?  I love those cookies, I had a terrible time with them the last time I made them....I need to get another cookie press.  I did get advice on the boards to 'pipe' them, but did not try it this year.

Mom made them every year, she had the old style metal cookie press...wish I had it.

I make two different sugar cookies and the mexican wedding cakes every year.

I found a recipe for a chocolate peppermint cookie, that I want to make...next year.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

Yes.  Typo.  I feel like something different but prefer to make bar cookies because it's less time consuming since I enjoy working.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

This year I dropped the Christmas cut out cookies - so labor intensive and they are the last to be eaten.  I made oatmeal butterscotch bars, chocolate chocolate chip cookies amd peanut butter cookies.  I froze about half of them for a future date!!

Respected Contributor

Last year I dropped white chocolate chip cookies from my list. People didn't eat them and they were a waste of time and ingredients. 

Honored Contributor

We have dropped all Christmas cookies and neither of us likes fudge.  So Christmas cookies and candies are not a factor here. 

We usually make a pecan pie and pumpkin pie--which hubby likes I don't, and a cream cheese and cherry pie.

We love Spritz cookies but haven't made them in years, and used to do elaborate sugar cookies but don't now. And we adore chocolate chip cookies, but Tates do those SOOOO well!  

Trusted Contributor

My BFF gifts me with spritz cookies every year.  She says using real butter is the key to good spritz.  Yummy.

I simplified the cookie/candy process a few years ago.  Now I only make peanut brittle, chocolate peanut clusters, and cut out cookies.  I miss having the variety I used to make, but we don't need all those calories. 

Honored Contributor

I am more than happy to accept whatever cookies my dear neighbor gives us every year.  Non-baker here.