Respected Contributor

Re: Good News and Bad News regarding the WP portable rice cooker!

[ Edited ]

@mima wrote:

Gokat, thanks for the info. on the PC.  Yes, you can cook by time on the Instapot.  That Cookbook might be a future purchase.

Okaywitheasypay, thank you for the salmon idea.  Yes I do like salmon and will try it.

Thank you both.

If you like fish, you're in for a real treat,  @mima  ! Smiley Happy  Somewhere in one of the RC threads I submitted a recipe for Orange Roughy...Ooo..la..la!!  I've experimented with several types...fresh and frozen.   Much like a PC the spices and flavorings are infused beautifully with the little RC...and the aromas that escape just prior to "showtime" will have you drooling.  Sounds like yours should be arriving soon.  Have fun with it, and please post back some of your successes! Smiley Happy  BTW...If you're not in a hurry for the PC cookbook, keep your eyes out for specials on it.  I got mine at the tail end of the last printing...for a reduced price.

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Honored Contributor

MIMA

They have several Marian Getz rice cooker cookbooks on ebay, all buy it now.  The prices range from 8.99 to 14.99

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shoekitty wrote:

MIMA

They have several Marian Getz rice cooker cookbooks on ebay, all buy it now.  The prices range from 8.99 to 14.99

This thread is discussing the PORTABLE RC, @shoekitty .  WP has a few versions he markets.  The cookbooks at the bay are for the full-size RC's and Multi-cookers.   The cookbook for the Portable RC has become quite a hit so I'd be surprised to see it at the bay...especially at any reduced price. Smiley Happy

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Contributor

I tried to buy the book yesterday too, I bought one today on ebay for 8.88 and free shipping.  Glad it worked out that way for me  saved some money 

Now I have to fgind cheap/affordable bags for the waring food saver I purchased

Honored Contributor

Keep checking Ebay.  A few show up as sold for various prices under completeds.  Nothing up currently. 

Honored Contributor

I don't have this book, but the Aroma website has hundreds of recipes for rice cookers. I've made some of them and was pleased with thew results.

http://www.aroma-housewares.com/kitchen/appliances/recipes/Rice%20Cookers.html

Respected Contributor

Thank you for the website Chynna!

Valued Contributor

Just used my new WP mini rice cooker for the first time this morning to make breakfast.  I had some leftover cooked bacon in the fridge so I combined it with one whole egg and two egg whites, a splash of skim milk, and a sprinkle of cheddar cheese.  It was delicious and cooked in no time at all.  Can't wait to experiment with other ingredients.  The cookbook sold out before I could get it but hoping it will be available again soon.  I can see where this will be a real time saver in the kitchen, especially for one or two servings.

Honored Contributor

Oh Marky, I am so glad you like it and your breakfast!  It really is such a handy little thing and wait until the cookbook comes back.  You'll be using it every day!

Congratulations!

Esteemed Contributor

@mima wrote:

@marky wrote:

mima, you can ask on the HSN website to be alerted when it comes back into stock. Just click on the item and when it says sold out, look for the place to ask for the alert. You will have to check your messages in HSN by logging into the website with your password and you will see a red notation near your account name when the message is sent.

Believe it or not, I snagged one today!  I couldn't believe it.  There was one left and the sale actually went though. 

I've been stalking the rice cookbook since way before I ordered my rice cooker. 

Thanks for the above info. though.  I might need it if I decide I want the PC cookbook.

Thanks again!!!

I finally got one yesterday! I've been trying for weeks.  It must be a return since there was only one.