Trusted Contributor

Re: Gone back to buying yogurt

When my Greek cherry low-fat yogurt isn't in stock (what's with that lately?) I find I've returned to eating cereal or oatmeal for breakfast. I keep cherries in the freezer so I throw them into the unsweetened steel cut oatmeal.

Honored Contributor

We often have ******e Greek plain yogurt (the 2%) topped with fruit and granola for breakfast. We also use the same yogurt for many recipes that call for sour cream, mostly those in which it's a topping.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I actually look forward to my first yogurt of the day (with blueberries added to whatever flavor).  Love it.  And usually end my day with another.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

We often have ******e Greek plain yogurt (the 2%) topped with fruit and granola for breakfast. We also use the same yogurt for many recipes that call for sour cream, mostly those in which it's a topping.

@suzyQ3  I use the same yogurt 2% and add a bit of honey, cut up fruit and some nuts.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Not me, no matter what brands or flavors I've tried, I just can't stand yogurt.

@KingstonsMom.  My dogs and I share a large container of plain vanilla every week.  They love it mixed into their dog food.  Have you asked Kingston if he'd like to have some?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

No, since I don't buy it, but Kingston dearly loves cottage cheese mixed into his!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom.  Well, buy some for Kingston.  He'd love it when he gets bored with his usual fare.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624, our pup come running when we make that breakfast I mentioned. We always "accidentally" drop some of the floor. Yesterday I missed and got it on her instead.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

Plain vanilla yogurt, right? I pick some up for him to try.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624, just to clarify, we use plain (unflavored) ******e 2%.The fruits and granola give it enought sweetness for us.