Honored Contributor

Re: Gone back to buying yogurt

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

I've been eating yogurt for 50 years........

@Desertdi.....about the same amount of time for me. i usually make my own plain yogurt once a week, sometimes twice.

@sunshine45     I used to make my own, too, when I had a gas stove with a pilot light.   It was just the PERFECT temp.    Now, I'm stuck with an electric stove......

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

i'm armenian....my mother would make our yogurt......have been eating it since i was a child....i'm 70!

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal : I usually have a bin of my fridge filled with Greek yogurt.

Faves are whole milk toasted coconut vanilla (with granola) and 80 cal black cherry to which I add some mini chocolate chips and flax or chia seeds.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal  I like yogurt, too. Have tried them all, but my absolute favorite is Publix brand, especially the peach which has nice chunks of peaches in it, not just flavoring.

ETA: The only thing I can think of that I missed and have gone back to are kiwis. Used to eat them all time, and don't even know why I stopped. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Valued Contributor

My 38 year old son has been eating yogurt every day since he was little.  I swear it's kept him healthy - that kid was a handful but he was rarely sick.  No ear infections, strep throat, colds, stomach issues (once or twice tops) nothing!

I really do attribute this to his yogurt habit.  Me and DH eat it as well.  Mainly plain or vanilla Greek and then add honey, fruit and granola/walnuts.  Or in a smoothie.

We love yogurt!

Respected Contributor

I eat Dannon Light vanilla Greek yogurt every morning with strawberries - I add them myself.  Actually, I put 4 cups of semi-defrosted strawberries (microwave for 3 min.) and 2 cups of yogurt in the Vitamix.  It makes plenty for breakfast, afternoon snack and evening snack.  I MUST have it every day.  I've been eating it for several years, daily.  I started with regular Dannon Light vanilla, but once I had their Greek, that's all I like.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

@spent2much wrote:

I eat Dannon Light vanilla Greek yogurt every morning with strawberries - I add them myself.  Actually, I put 4 cups of semi-defrosted strawberries (microwave for 3 min.) and 2 cups of yogurt in the Vitamix.  It makes plenty for breakfast, afternoon snack and evening snack.  I MUST have it every day.  I've been eating it for several years, daily.  I started with regular Dannon Light vanilla, but once I had their Greek, that's all I like.

Love that "eternity"  bit, smoking or non smoking.  I almost missed that!!! So good.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi.....about the same amount of time for me. i usually make my own plain yogurt once a week, sometimes twice.

@sunshine45     I used to make my own, too, when I had a gas stove with a pilot light.   It was just the PERFECT temp.    Now, I'm stuck with an electric stove......

@Desertdi 

you should get a small yogurt maker. it makes it easier and keeps it at the perfect temperature.

euro cuisine yogurt maker.jpg

or the one with the individual glass cups.

yogurt maker.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I'm also eating yogurt again.  Sometimes I just need a break from it but I miss it and like it.  I especially like putting blueberries and walnuts in it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

"Have any of you gone back to getting something you'd missed too?"

Wege of Hanover hard pretzels.  I think it's been about 30 years since I had them.  

They aren't sold in all areas of the country.