Honored Contributor

Re: Gone back to buying yogurt

I used to eat it every day when I worked.  It was a convenient and tasty thing to eat quickly.  Since I retired I have hardly eaten it at all.  I kept buying it and then letting it go bad.  I just bought a couple the other day.  I like the Greek kind the best.  I need to get back into that instead of eating so much garbage.  Also, I want to start eating more applies!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

I used to eat yogurt regularly until a couple years ago when our stores stopped carrying regular and switched to only Greek style and now even worse, Icelandic and some other thick kind. Yuck!  

I did buy some for the dogs because they had digestive problems and read about what to feed dogs to get over those types of issues.  Now for lunch they get a spoon of yogurt and a spoon of pumpkin.  They love it.

So for me, I mix a spoonful in a bowl of berries.  Because of the thick texture of Greek and other new styles, I won't eat yogurt plain.

Valued Contributor

Talk about pasta...

Last week I rummaged through a box of old recipes, and found something I loved decades ago, Stuffed Shells.  I remember how my dad loved those when I made them in the 1970s.  So, calories be damned, I thought I'd make them, but cannot because large shells are not sold in my town.

Add that to my long list of things used to be so much better in the old days.   (I cannot subscribe to the notion that good old things have to go as new things are developed.)

Trusted Contributor

We love yogurt here. I make it about once a week in the instapot. So easy and delicious.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

Why are they hiding the name of @suzyQ3 's yogurt? I only know about four national brands and they don't have offensive names.

@AuntG, I have no clue why it's blocked. If it's something ojectionable, it escapes me. But it must be on the list.

@suzyQ3 

check out urban dictionary for the name.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

Why are they hiding the name of @suzyQ3 's yogurt? I only know about four national brands and they don't have offensive names.

@AuntG, I have no clue why it's blocked. If it's something ojectionable, it escapes me. But it must be on the list.

@suzyQ3 

check out urban dictionary for the name.

Thanks, @sunshine45. Who knew?  I will add that to my arsenal. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland