Honored Contributor

I have a service set for 4 0009E517-9BCA-4D29-AF7C-B5EE10F0C89C.jpeg

of the Rose Marie. I purchase the platter and three large bowls. Purchase at a Corning ware outlet store probably around 1996.

Super Contributor

Several years ago I bought a huge set of Corelle from QVC which we use all the time. Service for 12 - regular plates. salad plates, cups (which I don't use), salad bowls, and small bowls. Only problem was I had to buy serving pieces separately. 

Honored Contributor

The majority of my Corelle order arrived today, the remainder is scheduled to arrive Tuesday), so I've started rearranging my cabinets.  My dining room table is loaded with all the Longaberger for DD to "shop" for what she wants.  It's amazing how little cabinet space the Corelle takes. 👍

Honored Contributor

Re: Going Back to Corelle

[ Edited ]

I just purchased what is probably my 6th set of Corelle in the last 40 years.  I've always had small kitchens with limited space and it can't be beat.  I've donated each set after buying the next, except for the white, which works well along with my current pattern.  I'll never use anything else.

BTW, I bought the last set from the Corelle website. Shipping was super fast and everything arrived in perfect condition.

IMG_5783.JPG

There's no way I could fit the same amount of stoneware on this one shelf.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

I just purchased what is probably my 6th set of Corelle in the last 40 years.  I've always had small kitchens with limited space and it can't be beat.  I've donated each set after buying the next, except for the white, which works well along with my current pattern.  I'll never use anything else.

BTW, I bought the last set from the Corelle website. Shipping was super fast and everything arrived in perfect condition.

IMG_5783.JPG

I like your arrangement, @house_cat .  I just ordered a pair of those wire shelves, to maximize the use of cabinet space.  

Honored Contributor

That is my brand for everyday use. I have stoneware, but it is so heavy. I bring it out for Thanksgiving. What a waste of cupboard space. 

Honored Contributor

@house_cat I came close to buying your set, but ended up with one that has ribbons of gray and burgundy on a white background. Decisions, decisions.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@house_cat I came close to buying your set, but ended up with one that has ribbons of gray and burgundy on a white background. Decisions, decisions.

I hear ya!  It's so hard to decide, which is why I buy a new set every few years.  We go out to eat VERY rarely and I'm pretty low-maintenance in general, so I figure a little indulgence like that is warranted.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

IMG_5783.JPG

@house_cat : I have a very small kitchen with limited storage space and use the same type wire shelves and use them in other spaces like my bathroom and closets. I have a double shelf one that I painted black and put on top of my small entertainment center for the cable box and DVD player.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

That's an especially good idea for the cable box and other devices. They benefit from the airflow around them.

~ house cat ~