Trusted Contributor

Gluten free cookbook--flour recipe

Just got my copy of " How can it be gluten-free" and mixed up a batch of flour from their recipe. Made chocolate chip cookies and must say the cookies are better than any I've made using gf flours on the shelf. For reference,I've used cup4cup,King Arthur,and Pamela's. Anyone else mix up the flour? If so,what did you make and was it good? Thanks! Next on my list...cupcakes!
Super Contributor

Re: Gluten free cookbook--flour recipe

Can you post the recipe please?

Valued Contributor

24 ounces (4/12 cups plus 1/3 cup) white rice flour (Bob's Red Mill recommended)

7 1/2 ounces (1 2/3 cups) brown rice flour (Bob's Red Mill recommended)

7 ounces (1 1/3 cups) potato starch (Bob's Red Mill recommended)

3 ounces (3/4 cup) tapioca starch (Bob's Red Mill recommended)

3/4 ounce (3 Tablespoons) nonfat milk powder (Organic Valley recommended)

This is America's Test Kitchen Gluten Free Flour Mix

Contributor

It's been a long time since I've posted...so Hi Everyone! I had to post the results I had with the ATK Gluten Free Cookbook. I made the Fudgy Brownies and I was very happy with the results. I used the ATK flour mix. The brownies were moist and very tasty. I had been trying various mix your own gluten free flour and already mixed gluten free flours, and I never had great results. Leave it to ATK to come up with the best mix. I love ATK. I hope to try the cupcake recipe in the next few weeks. Ironically, I started researching gluten free cooking when my dog was diagnosed with seizures. The vet recommended that we feed him gluten free. So, I decided to try some "human" recipes with gluten free ingredients. I don't think I'll go completely "gluten free", but I think for a lot of people getting gluten out of their diets is a good thing.

Contributor

It's been a long time since I've posted...so Hi Everyone! I had to post the results I had with the ATK Gluten Free Cookbook. I made the Fudgy Brownies and I was very happy with the results. I used the ATK flour mix. The brownies were moist and very tasty. I had been trying various mix your own gluten free flour and already mixed gluten free flours, and I never had great results. Leave it to ATK to come up with the best mix. I love ATK. I hope to try the cupcake recipe in the next few weeks. Ironically, I started researching gluten free cooking when my dog was diagnosed with seizures. The vet recommended that we feed him gluten free. So, I decided to try some "human" recipes with gluten free ingredients. I don't think I'll go completely "gluten free", but I think for a lot of people getting gluten out of their diets is a good thing.

Trusted Contributor

The gluten-free baking blog, glutenfreeonashoestring dot com has great baking recipes and DIY gluten-free flour mix recipes plus she's written a few cookbooks.

I've used her DIY Cup 4 Cup flour recipe dupe and it works great for baked goods, frankly better than any commercial gluten-free flour mix that I've tried. I'm not buying any more commercial GF flour mixes, that's for sure.

Trusted Contributor

Love the ATK gluten-free cookbook. The red velvet cupcakes were delicious as was the birthday cake. I'm sure there were others,but these two were outstanding! I'm not buying any more commercial gluten free flour either. The ATK flour was perfect.