Trusted Contributor
On 3/14/2014 okaywitheasypay said:

Any one try a recipe? I made the 'birthday' cupcakes. Turned out good. I also(first) put together their flour mixture and have a lot left to experiment with other recipes.

I haven't tried a recipe yet. (Have been a little under the weather, and just went back to work on Friday.) I need to hit our local natural food store for things like xanthan gum and the powdered psyllium husk; our grocery store does not carry those items. I want to try the Raspberry Streusel Bars and the pizza crust. And some of the bread recipes. They also have a recipe for what is supposed to be a really flaky pie crust....I'd like to try that, too. Their Chicken Pot Pie looks delicious. And yes, those birthday cupcakes have been calling to me. I'm glad you liked them.

I think I'm going to make ATK's version of GF flour instead of going with Bob's Red Mill. That "bean" taste that ATK was referring to with Bob's Red Mill seems a little off-putting to me. Whereas, their GF flour mixture version sounds a little better. We'll see.

Super Contributor

I just got very excited about this book from your posts, because my experience with ATK has always been excellent. They really test things out and find the best way to do them. I've never found any gluten free baked goods on sale that tasted good enough to actually eat, but on occasion I'd like to have a piece of toast or a coating on meat. So this book may be the holy grail for me. Thanks!

Contributor
Dissapointed in the Bread recipes in this book. Always had good results with using Pamelas Bread mix recipes. ATK bread recipes do not rise and are very heavy and dense. I think it is due to the use of the Psyllium Husk. I tried the bread recipes over and over again tweeking them with no success. We did like the Brownies and the Pancakes. Going to try the cake recipes this week. Will keep you posted.(gluten free for 6 years).