Contributor

Glade "new" apple cinnamon spray, yikes!

I have loved Glade Apple cinnamon spray for years, but they came out with a replacement. It says "NEW 2X more fragrance" on the can but just letting everyone know it smells horrible!! I messaged the company & they sent me some coupons which I appreciate. So now I'm on the hunt for the original version! I'd recommend testing any sprays in the store first!! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Glade "new" apple cinnamon spray, yikes!

Gee, it's kinda early for apple cinnamon room spray.  I didn't think that was out until September-ish. How was it horrible, an actual change in the scent or just too much? 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Irishgirl555   I am SO glad you posted this.  I have used Glade Apple Cinnamon forever and the new "frangrance" (more like "odor!") is absolutely horrible.  I thought that maybe I got a bad batch -- but apparently not.

Respected Contributor

Oh my goodness!  Unless there are testers provided, and we know there are not, to suggest anyone test a spray in the store is responsible. Not only would you utilizing something you've not paid for, but it ignores anyone in the area that might be sensitive to fragrances.

Honored Contributor

@Irishgirl555 wrote:

I have loved Glade Apple cinnamon spray for years, but they came out with a replacement. It says "NEW 2X more fragrance" on the can but just letting everyone know it smells horrible!! I messaged the company & they sent me some coupons which I appreciate. So now I'm on the hunt for the original version! I'd recommend testing any sprays in the store first!! 

@Irishgirl555 

Your best chance to find the original version is in the dollar stores or Big Lots.  

I hate when companies "improve" their products.  Usually it's just a "change", not an improvement.

Valued Contributor

You might like pure natural cinnamon oil instead.  It's all natural and smells wonderful.  I put a few drops on a bowl of pinecones by my door in the Fall and Winter and it makes everything smell warm and inviting.

Contributor

actually I did not spray it! That's the point, I wish I would have and then I wouldn't be stuck with two cans that stink!

Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  is so right.  When companies "improve" things it makes me very leery.

I remember when Prell concentrate "improved" by adding the scent of lemon.

Back in (I think) the 70s everything that existed was suddenly lemon scented.

As someone who loathes the taste,scent, and very idea of lemon anything (yes, especially lemonade!!)  I was so unhappy that things like Prell and Pledge and all kinds of daily used items were suddenly abhorrent to me!

I wish that the original Pledge scent would come back.  It made the house smell so nice that I didn't even mind dusting!

I used to occasionally buy Renuzit, but the Glade scents have always seemed very strong to me.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's interesting that you mentioned this.  We were shopping yesterday and my husband added a bathroom air freshener spay can to the basket saying, "I don't like the Apple Cinnamon we have at home". I didn't realize the change of fragrance. 

Honored Contributor

@Glittergal   What a great idea.  We also use natural scents in our home....have you ever tried lavender on the pillowcases....great way to fall asleep.