New Contributor

Re: Getting Tired of All the Prepared Foods

Not only am I tired of all the prepared food on David's and Mary's cooking shows,

I am unhappy that other types of products such as cleaning items and other

inapproptiate products are thrown into the show, as well.  The. cooking shows

used to be more fun and informative. Now they are a hodge-lodge of of non-cooking

related items.

Someone mentioned that tha prepared foods should be mostly confined to their

own separate show, as well as the cleaning products and miscellaneous items.

The prepared foods are way ovetpriced.  QVC obviously keeps including more

and more of them due to a hgher profit margin for them.  It's too bad that

QVC is sacrificing quality on the cookng shows.

We all like convenience foods from time to time, but who likes to be gouged 

with the overly high prices?  Even in a small town, there are other online sources

to order from at more reasonable prices.  Even small towns usually have sources

of prepared foods at much more reasonable price points, without shipping.

Super Contributor

@Spurt, Evine still has watches -- boy, do they still have watches. My husband calls them The Watch Channel. And they're the ugliest watches, too.

Have you tried any of the filled croissants? I ws sondering what your opinion is, if you have.

Respected Contributor

@kathya1119

I have never tried the croissants, but the filled ones sold out in a heartbeat yesterday. I try to pace myself on the sweets because too much temptation to over eat.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kathya1119 wrote:

@Spurt, Evine still has watches -- boy, do they still have watches. My husband calls them The Watch Channel. And they're the ugliest watches, too.

Have you tried any of the filled croissants? I ws sondering what your opinion is, if you have.

@kathya1119

Rats....I thought the demise of the watch guy would mean that their programming would improve but that's not the case...and it looks like their financials arent doing so well either....maybe if they did away with watches, perhaps their financial reports would look better....

https://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2017/03/23/evines-4q-sales-drop-10-to-191-million/

I have seen the croissants presented but have never bought food from QVC, but my friends and co-workers have purchased some of QVC's prepared food and I trust their taste, I asked and no one has purchased the filled croissants...sorry I couldnt help. 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Some time back (last year or so?) they had some croissants that were filled with raspberry and some with lemon.  Those were awesome!  I ordered them on AD but they cut the AD right in the beginning.  I don't know why they continue to offer AD on some products, but then refuse to stock after the first order or two. 

I think I still might have a few on hand (of course I vac-sealed them, so they stay good in the freezer).  

Those were just great.  Since then I haven't tried any of their other filled croissants, however.