Super Contributor

Re: Getting Tired of All the Prepared Foods

[ Edited ]

@Pook wrote:

OP is fortunate that she can cook and bake and has the time and likes it.  I am quite capable of cooking and baking from scratch but just don't want to all the time.  It's nice to have the prep work done and just toss something in the oven or pan  or thaw it out.  There are many other things I would rather do at this stage in my life.  I'm sure QVC won't change to program for OP because she doesn't want or need to buy food items here.

This is a very valid point. I am sure QVC makes a lot of $$ off of these prepared items, and they are obviously 'hot sellers,' or they would not keep brining them back and adding more. I think though the point is some variety would be nice, and not just the prepared foods. They have enough presentations that if someone wants to know about a product, there is a video demonstration on the product's QVC page.

I would like to see them doing more presentations of other items, and it's not just the kitchen stuff that is repeated, but in other areas, as well. There are a few pairs of shoes I have had my eyes on, but no presentations posted, so I won't click 'add to cart'. I know Vionics are hot with QVC, but would it kill them to do one demonstration on  a different item that has not been shown? That way, if someone is curious about something, they can look at the (older) demonstration, as they are saved on the product's page.. 

I guess time is precious for them, and they would rather spend the time on things they know will $ell. Another thing to remember is, not all their viewers watch them all the time, they have a lot of new customers or people who only watch them occasionally. But again, a product demonstration that has not been shown before (and not even new to QVC) would sure be nice. 

Frequent Contributor

I remember I had something sent to me one Christmas to impress my guests and the shipping was through the roof...never ordered food again. 

Honored Contributor

I haven't ordered any QVC food for a very long time, but because I am having surgery next month, I am in the process of stocking my pantry and freezer with easy to prepare food.   The food shows have given me several ideas of things to buy that will provide a healthy meal, fast, during the first weeks of my recovery.    

Respected Contributor

I've never ordered any prepared foods from QVC at all until recently.  I should have Grandma's Coffee Cakes delivered on Monday.  I sure hope they're good.  The presentaton they had on the other day sure sold me on them.  They got good reviews.  Looking forward to that.  

Respected Contributor

I have ordered 50 croissants (to be shared with my neighbor) last Wednesday and so wish I could have had one this morning for breakfast.

I will be paying $32.00 for my 25 croissants which is much less expensive for the best ones that I can get here.  The price includes shipping.

Super Contributor

We've bought a few things -- thumbs down to the Kansas City hot dogs, because the casings are thick and hard to bite through.

Thumbs up to Mama Mancini's meatballs, which are larger than those sold in the stores, and even better than my own. Thumbs up to Bantam Bagels, which are adorable and delicious -- and actually taste like bagels (anyone who's moved from the NYC area to another area of the country will know exactly what I mean).

And thumbs up a thousand times over to Jimmy the Baker's cinnamon crumb coffee cakes. They're addictive! My husband bought them for me as a get-well present when I was dealing with what the doctor thought might have been COPD (turns out it was asthma, which isn't something you usually develop at age 61). We don't have the bakeries down here in north-central Florida that we had back home in Jersey (which is probably a good thing for my waistline) and Barnes and Noble discontinued the amazing coffee cakes they used to serve in their cafes, so I've been doing without unless I make my own. But these? I have to restrain myself from eating two at a time.

Respected Contributor

@HowsYerMommaAnEm wrote:

Is anyone else getting tired of all the prepared foods that seem to have taken over the ITKWD programs? 

I bought a Masterbuilt electric smoker (two in fact) and make my own BBQ ribs, thank you very much and I have been making my own mac and cheese from my grandmother's recipe since I was 10 years old.  Why in the world would I want to buy it ready made and have it shipped to me from half way across the country?  I can buy ingredients locally at a whole foods market and make my own snack mix for pennies on the dollar of what they sell it for on air.  I bake my own cakes, pastries, and cookies and if I don't feel like baking, I have a local bakery that does an excellent job and they are not nearly as expensive plus there is no shipping.

I am so frustrated with the turn QVC has taken in recent years (and I have been a loyal customer since before the name change to QVC by the way) I'm just about to remove them from my favorite channel lineup and just say I'm done!

LOL, I grind my own wheat, make my own pasta.  So what?   Sometimes I want a premade pizza or big mac.

Bottom line, someone wants these things.   If the presentation bothers you so much.  Change. The. Channel!!!    

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

@HowsYerMommaAnEm wrote:

Is anyone else getting tired of all the prepared foods that seem to have taken over the ITKWD programs? 

I bought a Masterbuilt electric smoker (two in fact) and make my own BBQ ribs, thank you very much and I have been making my own mac and cheese from my grandmother's recipe since I was 10 years old.  Why in the world would I want to buy it ready made and have it shipped to me from half way across the country?  I can buy ingredients locally at a whole foods market and make my own snack mix for pennies on the dollar of what they sell it for on air.  I bake my own cakes, pastries, and cookies and if I don't feel like baking, I have a local bakery that does an excellent job and they are not nearly as expensive plus there is no shipping.

I am so frustrated with the turn QVC has taken in recent years (and I have been a loyal customer since before the name change to QVC by the way) I'm just about to remove them from my favorite channel lineup and just say I'm done!

Sweety,

People nowdays don't turn a hand in the kitchen like we do.

Where my husband works they got in a shipment of expensive vanilla and some labels on the bottles were messy and they couldn't sell it , so, they gave it away to the employees.

This one gal said "what's vanilla"? Needless, to say hubbo ran up there and grabbed me a big ol' bottle.

the kitchens they're putting in new pricey homes are as small as bathrooms. They know it's gonna be only carry out and microwave meals being made in there. LOL

Sign of the times ! Glad, if push comes to shove we're not gonna starve to death I can make my own beans and bread. LOL

170319_020335_16234279.gif

Occasional Contributor

Definitely in the camp of TIRED of the prepared foods.  I'd rather have a separate show for these...I think it' 2 different audiences.  David makes it fun, but they have nothing to do with cooking or the gadgets or the cookware that cooks are looking for.  These are the segments I fast forward through when watching on the app.  

But they must be selling, because they always sell out.  

So I have my preferences, but QVC has a job.  Summer's coming.  Less time anyway.

Honored Contributor

I skip the cookie woman altogether, Corky's, coffee machines

Man, didn't recognize Mary she's lost wgt her and the IT woman must be on same diet.