Honored Contributor

Re: Getting Tired of All the Prepared Foods

OP is fortunate that she can cook and bake and has the time and likes it.  I am quite capable of cooking and baking from scratch but just don't want to all the time.  It's nice to have the prep work done and just toss something in the oven or pan  or thaw it out.  There are many other things I would rather do at this stage in my life.  I'm sure QVC won't change to program for OP because she doesn't want or need to buy food items here.

Honored Contributor

I don't have any of those stores near me.  I don't bake anymore, so I normally order some of the dessert items from QVC to give as Christmas gifts.  The quality may be just okay to some, but it's better than I can get around here.  I always receive huge "thank you"s from the recipients.  I used to order things like that from catalogs years ago, but the number of places that still offer food items has dwindled and the ones that are left don't have the quality they once did either.

Honored Contributor

It wouldn't be so bad if the food were good. At .Christmas, I ordered the smoked turkey breast from Corkey's . The turkey was delicious, but the sides were awful, especially the mac and cheese ( which I threw out) and I love Mac and cheese. It was greasy and disgusting. If they would sell the turkey alone, I would order it again.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

It's quite convenient for some. My mom has ordered a lot of the items David shows because she is aging and too frail to cook from scratch any more. I would rather she order those things than live on fast food or skip meals altogether.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

There are many things that I don't purchase, but that doesn't mean others don't enjoy it. Obviously, if it was selling, they wouldn't devote so much air time to it. Someone somewhere is ordering and chowing down as I type.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't normally watch that show, but the other day I had it on and there was a coconut cake offered for $56! For a cake? Yikes!!!!

Respected Contributor

@HowsYerMommaAnEm  I think it's a good thing that you don't order any of QVC's food items  - that leaves more for me to order.

Contributor

love the cinnamon rolls and pot stickers!

Honored Contributor

I have bought a few things from the food shows; most of them were bad and way too salty. Got my $$ back tho.  I do like the apples and have had good luck with them.

There is a Haggen grocery store in my town that has become the flagship of it's stores, it  has incredible, already made food for meals on the go.So far the things I have tried are amazing  and well priced. I still cook meals during the week but buy stuff for things I can re heat too. I broke my wrist in Jan. so prep/cooking are challenging. And I don't pay for s/h or have to wait days to get them. Plus spendng in my local town.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree. I guess QVC must have an awesome deal with these vendors that they keep bringing them in over and over again. I know some argue that the stuff must sell or they would not bring them in all the time, but every kitchen show is beginning to look almost the same. Those potstickers may very well be delicious but that quantity, I would probbaly never want to see another potsticker again in my life, lol. And nobody here in the house is that cray aboout them. I don't know, I guess there must be a 'call' for them. But some variety would be nice, not just where the food is concerned.

They have Mary's show now, and it is often the very same as David's items. I was hoping with her show, they would have different items. Yes I know they bring in a new thing now and then, but it feels like 90% of the show is a repeat.