Contributor

I cannot be reading and seeing this right......one 3.75 lb chicken for 54.99? It cannot be. 

At my local farmers market in expensive NYC I can get a organic farm raised chicken for $20. 

Who is buying them? 

Respected Contributor

Re: Geoffrey Zakarian chicken

@davisesq212 wrote:

I cannot be reading and seeing this right......one 3.75 lb chicken for 54.99? It cannot be. 

At my local farmers market in expensive NYC I can get a organic farm raised chicken for $20. 

Who is buying them? 

I checked my freezer to see what price I paid for a chicken recently at Sam's Club it was 9.99. 

Respected Contributor

Shame on David Venable for directing attention from the exhorbitant price.

Honored Contributor

I had to look at this, as even I think it sounds exorbitant.  I watched the video and noted that they've removed the backbone and flattened the chicken, so you're getting mostly meat and not much waste.

It says it serves 6 to 8 people; well, maybe because the bones have been mostly removed.

BUT I still think that's a crazy price.  I can get a butcher to do that for me.  But hey, it's free shipping!  (Or buy two and "save" nearly $25.)

Not buying.  I'm quite happy with Sam's Club rotisserie chicken for $4.98.  Or I can cook my own.

Respected Contributor

Geoffrey got the QVC bug, love watching The Kitchen, he started out with cast iron pans now graduated into oil, vinegar, coffee, and more. Yes he loves selling his stuff. Think he has his own hour now on QVC. I like him but too much with products. 

Respected Contributor

I looked at the item.  It's some kind of "specially prepared" chicken.  It has his name on it.  I think I'll pass.

Honored Contributor

How do people fall for that? Is it the brand /name or do they just more money than sense--------and how do these so called---celebrities get off thinking their stuff is worth more ------I feel that way about everything ---don't ever buy just because someone supposedly famous, throws their name on it----

Valued Contributor

I just came home with boneless chicken thighs 2 lbs. for $4.63 at Weiss.

Respected Contributor

But, but but....it's infused with special seasonings! As my DH said - "not much cluck for your buck".

Honored Contributor

That food is for the rich folk that frequent the pricey New York clientele

that's out of touch for the majority of folks. I seen one time where 'somebody' political spent 1,000 one night for a luxury meal.

can you afford to spend 1,000 and tip 300 or so? If you can then great

Most we spend for special occasions is 50. No alcohol drinks.