Honored Contributor

Geoffrey Z's show

[ Edited ]

I enjoyed his new show, but the dutch oven weights 5 lbs without the lid!  I do like that the lid can be used for cooking also.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Count me out.

Esteemed Contributor

It's a nice piece.  I agree with you, it's pretty heavy.  GZ presents well - of course he's a TV pro.

My Wolfgang Puck enamelled cast iron "everyday" pan rarely gets used, because it's heavy.  I keep thinking I need to use it more but then I think about why I don't, and there it sits.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

NordicWare is right wgt. for me

Esteemed Contributor

I have some Nordic Ware plates and bowls, I know what you mean!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

didn't watch but just a minute--not an alberti fan

Honored Contributor

@ImaoldhippieThere was a time in my life, I would have wanted the TSV.  No longer.  I rarely use my heavy 12" skillet because I'm afraid of it filled with hot, weighty food.

I don't even care that I no longer want new for the kitchen, but I have added having to choose new kitchen procedures to my list of things age seems to be requiring of me.

I had fallen asleep on my sofa last night -  woke up at 2:30 and watched a TSV presentation.  No idea who either the host or the vendor rep were; host was excellent and beautiful, too.  Rep was fine, too; said he'd worked for years with the iron chef.

Trusted Contributor

I have all of his other cast iron pieces and the quality is amazing. Yes, they are heavy, but they perform like a charm. I would love the Dutch Oven, but I have so many pieces of cookware that I’m out of room.

Most of what I would cook in the Dutch oven I can cook in my Ninja Foodi, so I’ll pass on this one.

Frequent Contributor

Why the suits???? He seems so unapproachable dressed like that in the kitchen. He is handsome and all, but dress more down to earth, we know you are a millionaire give me a break.

Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I enjoyed his new show, but the dutch oven weights 5 lbs without the lid!  I do like that the lid can be used for cooking also.

@Imaoldhippie, according to the product page:

dutch oven weighs 10.2 lbs

lid weighs 5.8 lbs.

holy smokes, who can or wants to handle that especially when its full

with food, even heavier.   Smiley Surprised