Occasional Contributor

Has anyone sliced pepperoni with this chopper/slicer?

I enjoy making cheese trays and adding sliced/diced pepperoni to bread sticks, etc. Just wondering if the blade is sharp enough to go through the pepperoni.

Honored Contributor

I just ordered this--been eying it for a long time. I had something similar that I used all the time only not many cutters or blades to change-----you had to really slam it down to get the veggie thru the blades--but it broke at the hinge. It looks like pepperoni wouldn't be an issue. We'll see!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sure the mandolin attachment blade is. FYI, I bought the exact same unit from Avon, including all accessories, for a fraction of the price. I always check the Bay for Genius products. With tax and s/h, the Q wants $50.00 plus for it. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Occasional Contributor

Thanks Queendiva,

I thought the price was a little high too, but it looks so easy when they use it. But my main concern was the pepperoni. I'll have to check the avon one out.

Honored Contributor
On 11/2/2014 queendiva said:

I'm sure the mandolin attachment blade is. FYI, I bought the exact same unit from Avon, including all accessories, for a fraction of the price. I always check the Bay for Genius products. With tax and s/h, the Q wants $50.00 plus for it. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

OMG---just went to the Bay and found one for half of the Q price plus free ship and no taxes!!! What was I thinking---I always check online before I buy anything here!!! Cancelled my Q order ASAP!! Now I have a head ache---from kicking myself {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Honored Contributor

Almost every gadget comes in a price range. You've just got to find the range that gives you enough quality for what you want and that still fits your pocket book.

I use a sharp knife for almost everything - no gadgets. Saves money and space.

I love to watch the demos, but I know I won't ever be making so much food that those things make sense for me.

Trusted Contributor

I've had mine for well over a year. The nicer dicer is definitely the most used gadget I've ever bought especially from QVC. I use it at least weekly mostly for chopping/slicing vegetables and fruits. I have used it for cheeses and eggs with no problem. Can't speak for meat items.

I will say those blades are crazy sharp and arestill doing a remarkable job over a year later.

I just made a vegetable noodle soup yesterday and chopped the all the veggies, from the onions to the turnips in the nicer dicer. It made for a very nice looking bowl of soup and saved me a ton of time with prep.

For me it's been well worth the investment.

Honored Contributor

I've been so tempted to get one of these. I mainly want it for onions because I'm so sick and tired of the tears and having to clean my glasses after cutting.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

I've been using my 40 year old German Börner V Slicer for years to slice pepperoni both thin and thick. I prefer the old style V slicer with the inserts, as you can easily sharpen the blades. The newer ones with adjustment knobs can never be sharpened.

Sometimes, I use one of my KA Food Processors to do meats, but when I only want enough cheese and pepperoni for one pizza, the Börner works great.

Super Contributor

jaxs mom:

Try using a pair of swim goggles. I keep a pair in the kitchen hanging on a hook on my wall vegetable bin. Best thing ever to keep away the tears.