Honored Contributor

Re: Genius 16 cup Salad Chopper Reviews

There must have been some flaw in the way the manufacturer chose to package this item.  What a hassle for all those affected.

I never really got this type of item.  I have arthritis, and have for 31 years.  It would be way better to just use a knife for me.  Besides, with this kind of thing you have to partially cut up the veg/fruit/etc anyway, so why not just finish that and just have one knife to wash.  Smiley Happy  

I guess if somebody has to cut HUGE amounts of produce on a regular basis maybe this kind of thing could be helpful.  For me, with a lack of upper body strength, however, it would be harder to push stuff through those types of things than to use a knife.  Then i'd probably be cutting my hands on the blades too, since I'm a klutz.

I ordered  the TSV in Teal and was really looking forward to getting it. Well the bowl was cracked so I sent it back for another one. Today I opened my new Genius and this one had 4 big cracks in the bowl. I was so DISAPPOINTED. I called customer service to tell them that whoever handles the department of this problem that the Genius company has to know that it is not PACKAGED PROPERLY since the package gets thrown around like a tennis ball. I am going to send it back and get my REFUND. I am really mad that this did not work out.

Honored Contributor

Yikes, mine is still in the box.  I haven't been in a big rush to use it, but I guess I'd better check it out.

Valued Contributor

I received my replacement bowl a couple of days ago. It has no cracks. I didn't have to return my order. They just sent me a new bowl.