Contributor

Aldi's has them a couple of times a year. I have one in front of my sink and one in front of my stacked washer/dryer. They have held up well and really do make standing more comfortable.

Regular Contributor
I bought a couple for our kitchen a couple years ago from GelPro. I was lucky to find an odd size that we needed on clearance (it needed to fit between our kitchen sink and island). THAT mat weighs a ton!! I take it out on our deck in nice weather to wash it while I wash the wood floor beneath. I am a little disappointed in how it is always sliding around on the floors and I'm constantly adjusting it. I used to also wear Croc-like shoes for when I would be standing a lot and to tell the truth, am sorry I bought the mats. For the expense, I could just slip my shoes on and toss an area rug in the washing machine when it needed it. Plus my legs and back actually felt better after wearing the shoes. P.S. May I ask around what large city you are near in Central Illinois? I'm in Northern Illinois but we travel down that way frequently. We're contemplating a move down to Central Illinois and are hoping to find a town we like.
Trusted Contributor

iluvacop: I live in the Peoria-Bloomington-Normal area. We have a house for sale, as we want to move to Wisconsin. Let me know if you want to discuss your move and I'll set up a new yahoo account and then we can chat that way.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

We just threw out our BBB gel mat after about two years of use. It continually slid around and became quite a hazard.

And truth be told, I hadn't ever been too crazy about it. We now have no mat and are happier.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor
We got a 7'10"" by 10' wool rug from Homegoods during their semi- annual sale and cut out the section for the island. The color and pattern hide spills that resist cleaning and it does wonders for tired feet and legs after standing at stove and sink. One piece so it does not "" travel "". Gives the kitchen a cozy and comfortable touch.
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for all your responses. I decided to send for a sample of a Hog Heaven anti-fatigue mat made by American Floor Mats company. I cannot wear Crocs because of a deformed ankle and there isn't enough support there. Sure wish that would have been an option----much cheaper, that's for sure.

Again, thank you for all your replies.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Trusted Contributor
It's funny I was just searching for these mats for my ceramic tile kitchen floor which is killing my joints. I googled Ani fatigue kitchen mats and found on the Home Depot site one called Nantucket anti fatigue comfort mat. It comes in 2 sizes and the description sounds like this is just what I need. It doesn't slip which is important to me and has the beveled edges. Go take a look and be sure to read the description. Good luck. If I knew about ceramic tile and what it does to your joints before I just had it installed, I would have never bought it.
Trusted Contributor

My favorite and on my wish list is the Mats from William=Sonoma. They are thick and very comfortable. Cutco also carries them now.

Trusted Contributor
On 10/21/2014 Katey1261 said:

My favorite and on my wish list is the Mats from William=Sonoma. They are thick and very comfortable. Cutco also carries them now.

I too bought one years ago from QVC and it is OK not thick at all and it has curled all around. You do need to be careful. I see why they don't sell them anymore. I haven't seen them here anyway. I think when you buy these type mats you get what you pay for.

P.S I saw them recently at Costco and they are like the one I purchased here. I won't waste my Money.

Trusted Contributor

I bought two from Costco as the price was great. They may not be as good as the more expensive ones but for me they are fine, however I have never tried a Gel Pro mat to compare the two. Also, I ONLY wear Crocs in the house!