Respected Contributor

Re: Geez, ITKW is mary today

For me it's a happy Sunday when I can both watch and listen to In The Kitchen.  Mary is a pleasant host and Thank Goodness she doesn't dance or hip bump.  I like that she focuses on the products instead of how much food she can put in her mouth during the show.  I am delifghted that David takes lots of time off - wish he would take more. Enjoyed your show, Mary.

Respected Contributor

I think all the men usually are off on superbowl Sunday.  I was thinking I would prefer Mary Beth too, but I know she is a big football fan and probably threw a big party today for all the men in her family.

Honored Contributor

He's back Wed she said 

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

LOL She on military duty ?

@SharkE LOL She looked pretty bad today. I’ve noticed that to be the norm with her though. She needs a bit polishing.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

I'm really sensitive to hosts who are burned out and need a break - probably because, as a teacher, I know what it's like to have to present the same lesson six times in a row.  Sometimes I'm just on autopilot and I know I'm not being effective. 

I enjoy watching David when he's "on" and ready to go.  I can watch him present even the most hum-drum of items, because his enthusiasm is contagious.  So, when hosts are absent because they need a "well deserved day off" or vacation, I'm happy that they're given the time to recharge.

I also enjoy Mary, but I have to agree with an earlier poster that the top she wore today was pretty weird.  In my opinion, it was totally off the mark for the show, and surprising, because Mary usually dresses very nicely.  

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Not sure which hunting season it is right now. Deer?

Honored Contributor

David works every weekend, so he may as well take advantage of a chance to have a weekend off.  Yesterday was pre season fashion day, so he was off.  Mary does a fine job covering.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt  That was Kim Gravel who has the TSV.   Don't know what she has to do with a cooking show.  She is another vendor that many love and many find unwatchable.

Honored Contributor

I rather enjoy Mary, no matter what she is selling.  I think David is a success IN SPITE of the goofiness, not BECAUSE of it.  I swore him off for years because of the googly eyes, etc.  Now I'm back.