Respected Contributor

Re: GA Peanuts are in! I'm having a peanut boiling frenzy!

So, they are not crunchy like "regular" peanuts.  I've never heard of this.

California girl

Trusted Contributor

@50Mickey  We really love boiled peanuts in North Carolina., they are very common here. Love those Georgia peaches and what about those vidalia onions. man, would really love some of those tybee shrimp. Georgia Georgia, I have got Ge4orgia on my mind.

Trusted Contributor

@50Mickey  I forgot, and pecans.

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom ..............Do you use any flavoring such as hot sauce or bourbon in your water, and how long do you boil them?

Im a yankee that has been living in the south for a few years now and never even heard of boiled peanuts before that.  I love them. Yum!

The only thing that stays the same is that everything changes.
Valued Contributor

I prefer the sweet little red ones, but this is the second year in a row that they've been few & far between. The white ones are in here but are still not easily found. I love them but only the "plain" ones cooked in salt; don't like all the other spices some add. I like to keep my freezer full of peanuts and shrimp. 

Honored Contributor

I've been wondering if there is a peanut shortage lately.

I was getting two 5# bags of raw, whole peanuts that I use to feed some outside animals and Amazon didn't have them for two months, then they cancelled my AD order entirely.   Smiley Sad

Searching around internetland it seems like where you can find them they are pretty expensive.

I can still get the roasted ones but am not sure if that could be a less healthy choice.

Frequent Contributor

I never had these fresh!  And I don't imagine the canned variety comes close.

Honored Contributor

I have never heard of boiled peanuts either. It doesn't sound good but you never know until you try......

Respected Contributor

LOVE Boiled Peanuts!  at first thought they were too wierd and the shells are soggy but they grow on you!!

my sister in nothern FL makes them herself now but when i was there at her house they sell them all over, by the roadside or even in convenience stores.

to boil them you have to use raw uncooked, unroasted peanuts in the shell we don't have in New Engld

Honored Contributor

@MildredM wrote:

I love peanuts but never heard or tried boiled peanuts. Are they boiled in the shell? What do you do with them when they are done? 

@MildredM Oddly you shell them and snack on the nuts inside.  They taste like slightly underboiled peas to me.  Woman Embarassed